App-V package never loads. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. I recently was handed some issues with App-V in our environment. This is my first time working with the product so I apologize for my novice questions. I have looked through the documentation and online but cannot locate an answer for my problem. My environment is SCCM 2007 SP2 with App-V integration. We are not using the SCCM distribution points to stream from but downloading to cache.

Since some Access database in the company cannot be upgraded at this time, Access XP was virtualized. This virtualization includes language packs. For some reason, the MUI package never loads. When I look in the log, I see the below. Since the SCCM distribution points do not have streaming configured, I am confused on why it is trying to stream.

I compared the files of a working package with the language pack one. I could not find any difference that points me to a cause. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

The Application Virtualization Client could not connect to stream URL 'RTSPS://%SFT_SOFTGRIDSERVER%:322/German Mui XP.sft' (rc 19D02E0A-10000002, original rc 19D02E0A-10000002).

Thursday, August 4, 2011 6:39 PM

Answers

• Hello,

SMSTS is only a log-file for a task sequence - and not all possible actions it may trigger.

I suggest you read the App-V / SCCM whitepaper to have a better understanding howto troubleshoot;

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/appvirtualization/cc843994

THere are two available - pick the one that corresponds to your client

/Znack
    • Marked as answer by Lorrec Friday, August 5, 2011 2:38 PM
    Friday, August 5, 2011 2:26 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Have you advertised all the packages to the client?

/Znack
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 7:09 PM
  • Yes, I have it advertised. The package is part of a task sequences that installs the app-v client, installs the Access XP virtual package, and the German MUI virtual package.
    Friday, August 5, 2011 11:57 AM
  • hello,

What does the SCCM-log-files say?
    /Znack
    Friday, August 5, 2011 12:05 PM
  • The sccm logs look fine. I do not see any errors in the smsts.log for when the task sequence runs.

I received more information from the person experiencing the issue and I can now reproduce it. There are three separate app-v packages. One is for Access XP, another for Office XP language settings and a third is for the German MUI. Access XP and Office XP language settings use the same package in SCCM. The German MUI is a separate SCCM package. All three virtual packages are installed on the machine using an SCCM task sequence. The task sequence also contains a step to clear the app-v cache. I did not create the task sequence.

The initial installation is successful. Apparently, some users experienced a problem and ran the below command. After running the command, they used SCCM to run the task sequence and install the virtual applications again.

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\sftmime.exe remove obj:app /global /complete"

After running the above, I opened the app-v client console. I can see the package status for Access XP and Office XP language settings is 100% with the Package URL pointing to a .sft file in the SCCM cache. These two packages share the same SCCM package.

The German MUI package has a package status of 0% with a Package URL pointing to a .sft file at RTSPS://%SFT_SOFTGRIDSERVER%:322.

Thank you for any assistance.

Friday, August 5, 2011 1:28 PM
  • Hello,

SMSTS is only a log-file for a task sequence - and not all possible actions it may trigger.

I suggest you read the App-V / SCCM whitepaper to have a better understanding howto troubleshoot;

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/appvirtualization/cc843994

THere are two available - pick the one that corresponds to your client

/Znack
    • Marked as answer by Lorrec Friday, August 5, 2011 2:38 PM
    Friday, August 5, 2011 2:26 PM
  • Thank you for the information.
    Friday, August 5, 2011 2:38 PM