I HAVE A PRODUCT KEY BUT I CANT ACTIVATE MY WINDOWS RRS feed

• Question

• I HAVE A PRODUCT KEY OF MY FRIEND AND IWANT TO ACTIVE INTO MY PC BUT CANT
    Thursday, December 19, 2019 9:41 AM

All replies

• Try R.clicking my computer/properties/go to bottom of page,reset windows product key.Once a Internet connection exist,windows should activate thru normal default settings.Also,in run type: WinVer get the OS settings in Activation defaults..
    Thursday, December 19, 2019 7:27 PM
  • Hi,

What's the error message occur?

I noticed you get this product key from your friend, so make sure there is no one use it as one product key for one device. If your friend use it before, and you want to transfer it to your device, make sure your friend have removed the key from his device.

Make sure the product key is a valid retail version rather than COA sticker key of your friend. 

For activation online, type Run in search box to open Run box. Then type "slui 3" in run box to get activation windows. Then enter your product key in this activation windows.

For activation for phone, please type "slui 4" in run box to get a call number. 

Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Joy-Qiao Friday, January 3, 2020 9:57 AM
    Friday, December 20, 2019 7:43 AM
  • Hi,
    Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved?
    I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.
    Best regards,
    Joy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 3, 2020 9:57 AM