Published Project not displayed in Project Center RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have published a project to PS2010 and it was visible in Project Center but it is now no longer visible.  I can open it in Project Professional 2010 and I can publish it.  I can see it listed in the "Delete Enterprise Objects" screen but it does not appear in Project Center.  The tasks within the project are assigned to the resources.

Any ideas?

Thursday, September 2, 2010 12:38 PM

Answers

All replies

• Al --

A couple of ideas:

Do you have a filter applied to the Project Center view that would filter out the project in question?
    Has your Project Server administrator recently changed permissions in any Groups and/or Categories that might have caused this situation?

Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]
    VP of Educational Services
    msProjectExperts
    http://www.msprojectexperts.com
    http://www.projectserverexperts.com
    "We write the books on Project Server"

Thursday, September 2, 2010 12:44 PM
  • Dale,

I don't have a filter applied to the Project Center and as the Project Server Administrator I do not believe that I have changed any permissions in any groups or categories.  To be sure about the latter point, could you suggest any specific changes that may cause me not to be able to see a project that I created?

thanks,

Al

Friday, September 3, 2010 6:47 AM
  • Al --

If you are a member of any security Group other than the Administrators group, and one of those security Groups has a Denied permission, this could block you from seeing projects in the Project Center page.  If you are a member of any other security Group other than the Administrators group, then remove yourself from those other Groups and then let us know if this helps you to solve the problem.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]
    VP of Educational Services
    msProjectExperts
    http://www.msprojectexperts.com
    http://www.projectserverexperts.com
    "We write the books on Project Server"

Monday, September 6, 2010 8:19 PM
  • Hi Al,

one additional idea (if Dale's explanation doesn't fit ..).

You wrote that you haven't defined any filter in your view definition. However, if you apply a filter on your view in Project Center, this filter is kept for re-visting. Even changing view doesn't clear that filter. You can see if a filter is applied: in "Filter" you will see "Custom Filter ..."

Regards
    Barbara

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 6:55 AM
  • Hi there,

Dale - I have checked all of the Security Goups and none of them have any permissions denied - in fact I have not denied any permissions for any user, group or category.

Barbara - I haven't got any filters applied.

thanks,

Al

Thursday, September 9, 2010 8:54 AM
  • Al:

One more thought? Are you using Departments? If so, you should know that you can hide projects from yourself if your department attribution doesn't match the project. Other than that, are you getting any publishing errors in the queue? Are you certain that your views are not using filters?

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG
    Thursday, September 9, 2010 4:52 PM
  • Yet another suggestion, probably a longshot, but is your published project a subproject (embeddded in a master project?)  If so, do you have the subprojects checkbox on or off in the project center view?
    Friday, September 10, 2010 3:58 AM
  • Gary - I'm not using departments.  Where do I look for publishing errors in the queue?

Glen - My project is not a sub-project.

Is it possible for a project to be corrupted in some way that would prevent it being displayed?

Friday, September 10, 2010 12:17 PM
  • Al:

Server Settings > Manage Queue

Corruption is a possibility, Save the project as XML and then try importing it to Project Server using the Import Project to Enterprise wizard.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG
    Friday, September 10, 2010 4:36 PM
  • Gary,

I checked the queue and there were no issues with it.  I have saved the project and then removed the old version and re-published it and everything is fine with the project now.

Thanks for all your help and advice.

Al

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 10:53 AM