none
Unable to start the service FIM Synchronization Service.Getting error "EventID:7024 - The forefront identity manager synchronization service service terminated with the following service-specific error :%%2149778515" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I am trying to start synchronization service. But I am unable to start the "Forefront Identity Manager Synchronization service."

When i checked in Event Logs, an error with Errror code : 7024 "the forefront identity  manager synchronization service service terminated with the following service-specific error :%%2149778515".

I have checked SQL server service and User profile service. Both are up and running.

Please help me out.

Thanks

Praveen

Thursday, April 2, 2015 6:05 AM

Answers

• Have you recently applied a FIM patch after having put your own sections in the miiserver.exe.config file?  Inconsistencies in this config file is the most common cause of FIM sync server startup failures.  However, as Peter says, more details will be required to diagnose (I am only suggesting a common cause).

Bob Bradley (FIMBob @ TheFIMTeam.com) ... now using FIM Event Broker for just-in-time delivery of FIM 2010 policy via the sync engine, and continuous compliance for FIM

Saturday, May 30, 2015 5:31 PM

All replies

• Please post the full error detail (but anonymised, removing server name and so on.)

Peter Geelen (Microsoft Belgium) - Premier Field Engineer Security Identity

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered"Vote as helpful" button of that post.
    By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Thursday, April 2, 2015 11:26 AM
  • Have you recently applied a FIM patch after having put your own sections in the miiserver.exe.config file?  Inconsistencies in this config file is the most common cause of FIM sync server startup failures.  However, as Peter says, more details will be required to diagnose (I am only suggesting a common cause).

Bob Bradley (FIMBob @ TheFIMTeam.com) ... now using FIM Event Broker for just-in-time delivery of FIM 2010 policy via the sync engine, and continuous compliance for FIM

Saturday, May 30, 2015 5:31 PM