Outlook autocomplete list doesn't show entries with same email address RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using Outlook (2013/2016/365). When I create a new email, the TO field shows all recently used contacts (autocomplete list).

I have set up an LDAP that contains e.g. 2 contacts that have the same email address (peter@smith.com), but a different name (Peter Smith & Peter Smith2). After sending an email to both of these, they should appear in the autocomplete list, however, only one of them gets displayed, because they have the same email address.

Is it possible to configure this list, so that it displays all entries that have the same email address?

Thanks,

Best regards,
    Michail

Friday, April 6, 2018 2:24 PM

Answers

• Hi Michail,

As far as I know, I am afraid it is not feasible to realize this. 

An alternative I can think of it that you may type some characters first, e.g. "Perter" then press Ctrl + K to resolve the name, so that we can choose Peter Smith or Peter Smith2 from the prompt dialogue box.

If you have more concern about this feature, it is suggested to share your feedback via Outlook UserVoice forum. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Outlook for Windows. What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future. 

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by throw into Tuesday, April 10, 2018 7:11 AM
    Monday, April 9, 2018 8:49 AM

All replies

• Hi Michail,

As far as I know, I am afraid it is not feasible to realize this. 

An alternative I can think of it that you may type some characters first, e.g. "Perter" then press Ctrl + K to resolve the name, so that we can choose Peter Smith or Peter Smith2 from the prompt dialogue box.

If you have more concern about this feature, it is suggested to share your feedback via Outlook UserVoice forum. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Outlook for Windows. What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future. 

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by throw into Tuesday, April 10, 2018 7:11 AM
    Monday, April 9, 2018 8:49 AM
  • Hi Yuki,

Thank you for your answer, sadly as I had feared. The Ctrl+K alternative is known to use, however, our clients aren't too keen on using it.

We can have a look at the UserVoice forum thanks.

Kind regards,

Michail

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 7:11 AM