Problem with SQL Server 2005 > Visual FoxPro Free Tables RRS feed

• Question

• I have a very basic transformation that is going to update a Visual FoxPro free table.

I have two OLE DB connections set up in my connection manager, one for the source table in an SQL Server 2005 database and one for the network path (by UNC not drive letter) to the directory that contains the VFP free tables.

In my Data Flow I have an OLE DB Source with an SQL command to select the data I want, and I have it feeding into an OLE DB Command transformation. I've assigned the VFP connection to the OLE DB Command, but when ever I provide my SQL update statement (UPDATE tablename SET destination_column_a = ? WHERE destination_column_b = ?) and hit refresh in the Editor for OLE DB Command window, I get the following error:

Error at Data Flow Task [OLE DB Command [1044]]: An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80004005.
    An OLE DB record is available. Source:"Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Visual FoxPro" Hresult: 0x80004005
    Description: "Unspecified error".

Is there something I am just obviously missing with my OLE DB command? This is my first time with using this transformation component. I had assumed that by using ?'s in my SQL command in this component I would then be able to go into Column Mappings and map incoming columns to my parameters. If I type in a basic insert statement (INSERT INTO tablename VALUES(?,?,?) and hit refresh I get no errors but I also don't get any available destination columns.

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Adam.
    Friday, June 20, 2008 1:50 PM