none
Robocopy - a strange behaviour RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I have created a fancy robocopy script which does not behave consistantly:

It will basically mirror 2 folders - so in general it does:

> robocopy %homestore% %remotestore% /MIR /V /FFT /V /XA:SH /R:0 /MAX:8048576  /LOG:log-pccopy.txt  

Straghtforward? Yes, but:

This works absolutely fine on 2 local folders on my local harddrive... old files will be skipped

It also works fine on local folder -> Classic mapped windows server networkdrive  - all fine

But

When I map a sharepoint drive using WebDAV I get problems, timestamps somehow gets messed up and the local folder that is synced ALWAYS sees the local file newer , and therefore needs to sync every file again.

I have some logfiles to attach/provide if needed

This would not matter much, but as I connect the sharepoint list to Outlook I get all files synced every time the're updated - so that a nogo.

Any suggestions? other tool? 

all the best

//Krister

Friday, March 10, 2017 9:13 AM

Answers

• Many system utilities will not work correctly with WebDAv.  Use OneDrive instead.  You will always have syncing issues with a cached remote file store.

Look for the OneDrive CmdLets and the SharePoint CmdLets as they can be useful.

DFSR can be useful with SharePoint if it is on-premise.

\_(ツ)_/

Friday, March 10, 2017 9:49 AM

All replies

• Many system utilities will not work correctly with WebDAv.  Use OneDrive instead.  You will always have syncing issues with a cached remote file store.

Look for the OneDrive CmdLets and the SharePoint CmdLets as they can be useful.

DFSR can be useful with SharePoint if it is on-premise.

\_(ツ)_/

Friday, March 10, 2017 9:49 AM
  • Thanks, I will have a look.  Sharepoint is onpremise (for now) and the goto tool for most things.

Main idea here were to have an autosync, offline solution for all our everchanging pricelists - without having deployed onedrive yet.

thanks!

Friday, March 10, 2017 10:38 AM
  • Search for uploading files to a SharePoint list.  There are many scripts that will do this in the Gallery.  They can be scheduled and you can get a decent file date if needed.  Consider a more formal "publishing" workflow to update documents and lists. A database is usually the best choice for SharePoint catalog type items.

\_(ツ)_/

Friday, March 10, 2017 10:54 AM