SharePoint 2007 error when creating a list in Access 2010 - "Microsoft Access could not connect to the site you specified. Verify the address of the site or contact your site administrator. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Sharepoint 2007 server setup where I can export a table from Access 2003 running Windows XP to a SharePoint 2007 site. Works great.

I have a Windows 7 Office 2010 pc right next to it that gets an error "Microsoft Access could not connect to the site you specified. Verify the address of the site or contact your site administrator.

Both computers use the same Access 2003 database and login to the SharePoint server. 

Why do I get this message on the Access 2010 pc? I have the same issue with an Access 2007 pc.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 9:17 PM

Answers

• Hi Gary,

I have tested on my machine(Windows 7 and Office 2010), but I could not reproduce this issue. I can get this error when I type an incorrect URL of SharePoint site. So you need to make sure you are typing the right site address. A valid site address starts with http:// followed by the name of the server, and ends with the path to the specific site on the server.

And using an account which have necessary permission(at least can create list in site) when exporting table to SharePoint site.

If this issue still exist, you can create a new database in Access 2010. Then, try to export to the SharePoint list again.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Pengyu Zhao

• Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Thursday, October 27, 2011 11:28 AM
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 6:43 AM