Installing apps outside the Store RRS feed

• Question

• I want to install an app which is not in the Store. It says to change the settings in the control panel. I can't find the proper way to do it. CAn you send me instructions on how to allow installing non-store apps?

THX

Sunday, December 2, 2018 12:42 PM

Answers

• Hi 

To allow installing non-store apps, please check the option in Settings Apps > Apps & features > Installing apps. Make sure that you choose Allow apps from anywhere

Hope these are helpful.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by cloris_sun Wednesday, December 5, 2018 9:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kristina ML Wednesday, December 5, 2018 12:45 PM
    Monday, December 3, 2018 2:57 AM

All replies

• Hi Kristina.

Open the Windows 10 Settings app, and click Update & Security; click For developers on the left and then select the Sideload apps option.
    Restart your computer for the change to be applied.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE

• Edited by Luigi BrunoMVP Sunday, December 2, 2018 1:00 PM
    • Proposed as answer by EckiS Sunday, December 2, 2018 1:09 PM
    Sunday, December 2, 2018 1:00 PM
  • Hi 

To allow installing non-store apps, please check the option in Settings Apps > Apps & features > Installing apps. Make sure that you choose Allow apps from anywhere

Hope these are helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by cloris_sun Wednesday, December 5, 2018 9:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kristina ML Wednesday, December 5, 2018 12:45 PM
    Monday, December 3, 2018 2:57 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue solved?

If yes, would you like to share your solution in order that other community members could find the helpful reply quickly.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best

Wednesday, December 5, 2018 9:08 AM
  • Thank you all for the answers. It was this thing with "Allow apps from anywhere". My problem was I wasn't using the ADMINISTRATOR account when I was searching through the Settings. Once I signed in a s ADMIN the option was right in front of my face no.1 on the list of options.

Regards.

Wednesday, December 5, 2018 12:47 PM
  • Tip - Installing from outside of STORE it can harm your PC, Please find similar on store which you're trying to download from outside. 

Answer - To allow installing non-store apps, please check the option in Settings Apps > Apps & features > Installing apps. Make sure that you choose Allow apps from anywhere

Thursday, December 27, 2018 5:33 AM