none
How to deploy Word & Powepoint 2016 templates through GPO

Question

• Hi

We are looking for a way to deploy a couple of Word & Powerpoint templates to all uses under a specific OU, looking for recommended options

Thanks in advance

LMS

Wednesday, June 06, 2018 11:16 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in our forum.

According to my knowledge, we could use File preference to deploy office templates to all uses.

Detailed steps as below:

1. Stored the template files to a shared folder, shared to everyone.
    2. Create a File preference in a new GPO, copy the templates to %appdata%\Microsoft\Templates\ from the shared folder.
    3. Run command “gpupdate /force” on client or re-logon the current user.

For your reference:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/where-are-my-custom-templates-88ed77ca-df34-49e9-9087-3f01ae296e6e

If you have anything unclear, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

William

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 07, 2018 10:17 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

William

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 15, 2018 2:43 AM