PXE failing after power outtage RRS feed

• Question

• A while back I was having some issues with getting PXE boot to work. After about a week of working on it, we finally got everything up and running and we were able to image machines through PXE. A few days ago, the power went out in our server room and caused a bunch of issues. Now we cannot get PXE to work. I have tried completely removing everything and starting over, but it still does not work. Here is what I have done:

-Uncheck PXE box from DP (WDS removed)
    -Reboot
    -Uncheck Distribute for PXE in x86 and x64 boot images
    -Install WDS (no additional setup)
    -Check PXE box in DP and check "Allow distribution to rspond" and "Enable unknown support"
    -Check Distribute for PXE in x86 and x64.

I also noticed that the files that should be in SMSBOOT\x64 and \x86 were not there, so I copied them from the BOOT folder.

When I boot up into PXE, it finds the server and the WDSNBP file, but gets stuck at Contacting Server: [sccm2012 server]........

In the event log, it says:
    failed to copy E:\RemoteInstall\SMSTempBootFiles\OKE00004\WINDOWS\Boot\EFI\bootmgfw.efi to E:\RemoteInstall\SMSBoot\x64\bootmgfw.efi
    InstallBootFilesForImage failed. 0x80070003
    Warning: Failed to copy the needed boot binaries from the boot image E:\RemoteInstall\SMSImages\OKE00004\boot.OKE00004.wim
    Failed adding image E:\RemoteInstall\SMSImages\OKE00004\boot.OKE00004.wim. Will retry. The system cannot find the path specified.

There is also a long list of warnings that keep saying:
    Warning: Matching Processor Architecture Boot Image (6) not found

I have confirmed that the E:\RemoteInsall\SMSImages\OKE00004.wim file exists.
    Thursday, July 19, 2012 5:14 PM

All replies

• There is also a long list of warnings that keep saying:
    Warning: Matching Processor Architecture Boot Image (6) not found
    Have you deployed both boot images (x86 and x64) to the PXe enabled DP?

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Friday, July 20, 2012 7:12 AM
  • Yes, I have.
    Friday, July 20, 2012 11:04 AM
  • Anything in smspxe.log?
    Friday, July 20, 2012 11:41 AM
  • Sorry, I said the above errors were from the event log. I meant the smspxe.log file.
    Friday, July 20, 2012 11:49 AM