please help me find an audio multimedia controller. RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hey there,

i was wondering if anyone could help me with a technical problem im having.

the sound on my computer isnt working because i have no audio multimedia controller,

i think i may have accidently deleted it.

i was wondering whether anybody could help me find the solution to this problem.

Thank you, and suggestiosn would be much appreciated.

Regards.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 10:51 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Go to the manufacturer’s website, download the driver for audio card and reinstall it.

If you cannot find the website or the driver, let me know the model of your computer and I’ll help you do that.

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Friday, May 30, 2008 2:50 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Go to the manufacturer’s website, download the driver for audio card and reinstall it.

If you cannot find the website or the driver, let me know the model of your computer and I’ll help you do that.

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Friday, May 30, 2008 2:50 AM
  • Hey,
    My computer is Philips. I went on the website but i had no idea how to find the audio driver. if you could help me find exactly how to do it i would really appreciate it. Thank you.
    Regards,
    Amina.
    Friday, May 30, 2008 8:12 PM
  • Hi Amina,

Please confirm your system model, you may find the model in the user manual shipped with the computer or the surface of the computer box.

You can also get the model number via the following solution:

1.    Click Window icon;

2.    Click Run…

3.    Type msinfo32 and press Enter.

4.    The key information will be listed beside System Manufacturer and System Model, in the right window.

Let us know the result if possible, thanks!

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Monday, June 2, 2008 2:43 AM
  • Hey,
    Thanks for the reply. unfortunately my computer is not working because i tried to download the sound card but i downloaded a virus, i am using a friends laptop. hopefully my computer will get fixed soon, wish me luck. thank you for your help, if my computer still has this problem after being fixed then i will let you know the model in order for you to be able to help. Thank You.

Kind Regards,
    Amina.
    Monday, June 2, 2008 6:31 PM
  • Hi Amina,

As this thread has been quiet from a while, I’ll mark my post above as an answer. As this response generally helps in similar scenarios.

Feel free to reply or unmark my response if you have further questions on this topic. Besides, it’s much recommended to download drivers from manufacturers’ websites or directly contact their support centers for the link of driver. Non-official driver may contain unexpected potential risks inside.

Have a nice day, Amina!

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Wednesday, June 4, 2008 11:54 PM