none
Project Server 2013---question about overtime work RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am not quite clear about the overtime work. Do we need to insert the plan overtime work cor all tasks at the beginning and project members should update it so that project server will automatically caculate the overtime work field for all tasks and resources? Or we need to directly update the overtime work to get the data manually? Any sharing is highly appreciated!

Regards,

Anna

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 8:05 AM

All replies

• Hi Anna,

If the team member enters 10h for a day whereas your project calendar specifies that working hours are 8hrs/day, Project will NOT automatically dispatch actuals between actual and overtime actual in MS Project.

Team members have to select "overtime" in the timesheet and enter overtime actuals. If approved by the project manager, it will be reflected as overtime actual work in the project plan. The point is that a resource can do 10hrs a day but without counting it as overtime, since the same resource could do only 6 hrs the next day. Thus over the 2 days, there will have no overtime.

Note that in my case, it is grayed out since it can be deactivated in the timesheet settings.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCP |

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 12:21 PM
  • We don't use timesheet. All data are updated iin the "my task" page. I have added the overtime work field to the my work assignment and the related detail views in "my task" page. However, I found that in some projects, members can update the overtime work when they update their task while in some projects they can't do so. Currently, I found the the projects which is created from PWA as enterprise projects work fine and the projects which is published from project professional doesn't. Any idea? Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Anna

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 1:38 AM
  • Any idea?
    Friday, October 17, 2014 1:11 AM