RCC with asterisk RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have a lync 2010 server installed and running, and an asterisk server as an ippbx. when using "entreprise voice", every thing works great between lync and asterisk (calls between lync & asterisk, calls from outside to lync, calls from lync to outside).

Now i want to configure RCC (Remote Call Control), so that a lync user is also available with an asterisk extension.. i m a little confused on how i set the server uri, and when i google it, some said that RCC with asterisk is not supported ... is it true? is there a way to make it work (with some opensource "gateway").

Thanks a lot

Monday, August 27, 2012 10:26 AM

Answers

• then use Symul ring on Lync client and add the IP Phone extension to ring as well. the call can be picked up from the IP Phone and the client will get silent.

Thamara. MCTS, MCITP Ent Admin, Specialized in U.C Voice OCS 2007 R2 Z-Hire -- Automate IT Account creation process ( AD / Exchange / Lync )

• Marked as answer by Luffy Wallis Monday, August 27, 2012 11:56 AM
    Monday, August 27, 2012 11:15 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Yes, RCC with Asterisk is not supported. Lync Server does not encourage to use RCC any more and it currently support several models of PBX s. Check the OIP list below. 

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/lync/gg131938.aspx#tab=2

Thamara. MCTS, MCITP Ent Admin, Specialized in U.C Voice OCS 2007 R2 Z-Hire -- Automate IT Account creation process ( AD / Exchange / Lync )

Monday, August 27, 2012 10:48 AM
  • Thanks for your reply Thamara

but is it possible to use a SIP/uaCSTA gateway to avoid this issue?

Monday, August 27, 2012 10:58 AM
  • The that will be a Direct SIP connection like you already have established with the IPPBX. the thing is that RCC concept is not going to work unless it's a recommended PBX. but i guess you can use the same features in Direct SIP as well. What do you want to achieve with RCC?

Monday, August 27, 2012 11:04 AM
  • Ok lets say that a user have a lync account on his laptop and an asterisk extension on his ip phone. i want him to be reachable on each one, meaning that when he is called from lync, his phone also rings. i think it's called dual-forking
    Monday, August 27, 2012 11:12 AM
  • then use Symul ring on Lync client and add the IP Phone extension to ring as well. the call can be picked up from the IP Phone and the client will get silent.

• Marked as answer by Luffy Wallis Monday, August 27, 2012 11:56 AM
    Monday, August 27, 2012 11:15 AM