none
How to get the language I want

Question

• Hi,

I am using Window 10 professional. Original language: Dutch.

My physical location is Arnhem Netherlands. As a result, my IP-address is from a provider in the Netherlands.

Nothing above will change!

Now, for a project, I have to use my system in German. So I have chanced the GUI language to German and changed the system location to Germany. Noting more is set to Dutch.

But if I open Windows store, all is still Dutch. How to have Windows humble respect my settings and get rid of Dutch, including windows Store. Thus how to use a German only system regardless my phisical locatin.

• Edited by RuudU Sunday, March 19, 2017 1:58 PM typo
    Sunday, March 19, 2017 1:57 PM

All replies

• You need to add the German language pack. You can add the language pack via Settings-> Time & Language : https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/commercialize/manufacture/desktop/add-language-interface-packs-to-windows?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Sunday, March 19, 2017 3:06 PM
  • Hi,

I am using Window 10 professional. Original language: Dutch.

But if I open Windows store, all is still Dutch.

RuudU,

The physical location you reside on has nothing to do with the issue you mentioned.
    It is your Win 10 Pro. It comes with Dutch language.

If you have installed German language and set it as your default display language, you will still get some contents half Dutch and half German.

My computer comes with English language.
    I have Chinese Traditional installed and set it as my default display language.
    When I open Windows Store, I see half English, half Chinese.
    If that is also what you see in your computer ( half Dutch and half German ), that's the best you can have.

The only way to have German language globally in your computer is to buy a Windows 10 Pro that comes with German language.

screenshot of my Windows Store.......

• Proposed as answer by Kapil.AryaMVP Monday, March 20, 2017 5:48 AM
    • Edited by david hk129 Monday, March 20, 2017 5:51 AM
    Sunday, March 19, 2017 5:25 PM