none
Creating OData connection for PWA error RRS feed

• Question

• Posting here is my last resort; I have researched the error that I'm getting, and I have found other posts about it. I have tried the solutions listed in those posts, but I am still getting an error that I simply cannot figure out.

My company has just obtained a trial for Project Server 2013, and I am in charge of learning the features before we make the move to do the full purchase. At the top of my priority list is learning how do use some of the reporting features. In researching this subject, I choose to delve deeper into creating OData connections out of my project instances. 

I am able to create the data feed in Excel and get to the Table Import Wizard where it allows me to "Select Tables and Views." I want to select the Tasks view, and so I do. When I click "Preview & Filter," I am able to see all of the fields that are available, including the enterprise custom fields that I created in PWA. Here is where I run into the problem. When I click Finish, I get the following error:

"The following exception occurred while the managed IDataReader was being used: The content of the data feed is not valid for Atom feed..The current operation was cancelled because another operation in the transaction failed"

One of the sources I looked at said that custom fields might be similar to the Reserved Words, so pulled up the list and none of my custom fields clash with the reserved words. I even took all spaces out of my fields and added unique numbers to them to further differentiate, but I am still receiving the same error message when trying to import the Tasks into the pivot table. 

I am at a complete loss as to how to get the Tasks to import properly. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thursday, March 3, 2016 2:31 PM