Create a security group in AD for ( 10 machines which should allow the logged users ( local admin rights ) ) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Folks,

I need to create a security group for 10 computers in AD, Which ever users logons to those machines he should have full logon rights.

Appreciate the feedback

Thanks !

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 1:41 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Thank you for posting in our TechNet forum.

According to your description, you want 
    to allow the logged users have local admin rights.

[Action plan]
    1: Create a GPO in the domain. Deploy the GPO in Computer configuration >Preference>Local Users and Groups > New Local Group

2: Please set the group name as Administrator and add the members you want to have local admin rights.(as the security group in my lab—which I put all the users in this group)

3: We can check the result in one computer. Please run GPresult in Command prompt as administrator.
    Open Computer Management-Local Users and Group-Administrators; we can check the added group here.

Best regard,

Jolin

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 9, 2020 8:30 AM

All replies

• One simple but unsecure way would be to drop Everyone or Domain Users into the local Administrators group of each of those PCs. However, I would put these machines in a separate OU and apply a group policy to where only a certain security group of users had admin access to those PCs.

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 3:47 PM
  • Hi,

You can create a GPO for this computer list , to allow only users member of local administrator group to logon locally and remotely.

Please don't forget to mark the correct answer, to help others who have the same issue. Thameur BOURBITA MCSE | MCSA My Blog : http://bourbitathameur.blogspot.fr/

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 11:06 PM
  • I gather this is what you're looking for

https://deployhappiness.com/clever-way-manage-administrative-rights-regular-users/

hth
    Marcin

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 11:20 PM
  • Hello,

Thank you for posting in our TechNet forum.

According to your description, you want 
    to allow the logged users have local admin rights.

[Action plan]
    1: Create a GPO in the domain. Deploy the GPO in Computer configuration >Preference>Local Users and Groups > New Local Group

2: Please set the group name as Administrator and add the members you want to have local admin rights.(as the security group in my lab—which I put all the users in this group)

3: We can check the result in one computer. Please run GPresult in Command prompt as administrator.
    Open Computer Management-Local Users and Group-Administrators; we can check the added group here.

Best regard,

Jolin

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 9, 2020 8:30 AM
  • Hello,

Believe you are doing well. This is a kind follow up on this case. May I know the latest status? Thanks and looking forward to your reply. 😊

Jolin

Monday, January 13, 2020 1:36 AM
  • Hello

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful.

Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Jolin

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 1:42 AM
  • Hi Jolin,

Thanks for your reply !

I will check and let you know shortly.

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 7:52 AM
  • Hi Jolin,

Thanks for your reply !

I will check and let you know shortly.

Hi ,

You are welcome , please don't forget to mark the helpful replies as answers.

Please don't forget to mark the correct answer, to help others who have the same issue. Thameur BOURBITA MCSE | MCSA My Blog : http://bourbitathameur.blogspot.fr/

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 7:17 PM