Assign SLA to Review and manual activities in a Service Request RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,I need to Set a scheduled Start and End date for the manual activity of Servicerequets .

For the first Manual activity ,I need it to be done as follows :First response date + specific interval of time .

the next Manual activity Start and End : the 1st manual Activity end date+ specific interval of time .

an so on for the remaining Manual activities.

Is it possible ?

AHmed

• Edited by Ahmed Hany Monday, August 12, 2013 12:53 PM
    Monday, August 12, 2013 12:52 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Yes it's seems to be possible, but not easy.

1 - You must create Queues to limit the SLA scope for MA. (eg: Only the MA with status in progress)

2 - You must add new metrics based to MA class (eg : first reponse date to schedude end date)

3 - Create your SLA based from team calendar, queues and metrics.

Warning : You cannot specify interval of time ... you must specifiy the  schedude end date directly to the MA

For the second activity, if the start time must be egal to the end of the first activit. To do this, you must use the Actual start time.

I'm thinking that every Manual Actvity is unique in it's own kind of way and is therefor very hard to apply an SLA to

Remy BOVI

Monday, August 12, 2013 1:28 PM
  • you can create a custom workflow (MA is in progress) with a PS script to set the Scheduled Start and End Date of a MA.

the following link would be helpful http://blogs.technet.com/b/thomase/archive/2013/07/30/cancel-pending-activities-in-a-failed-service-request.aspx

the PS script must detects the "Sequence ID" of the MA.

if the "Sequence ID" = 0 (means this MA is the first activity) then get the "response date" of the parent activity (SR) if the "sequence ID" <> o then get the ChildObject End Date of the MA where "Sequence ID" = "Current Sequence ID" - 1 then assign it as the start date of current MA

Hope this helps!

• Edited by Ayman Yassine Monday, August 12, 2013 2:21 PM correction
    Monday, August 12, 2013 2:18 PM
  • Maybe this powershell script is helpful as well -> SCSM: Set Scheduled Start and End Date in Manual Activites of CR via Powershell

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

Monday, August 12, 2013 9:47 PM