none
Access Internet from IPv6 Lab

Question

• Hello,

I have few machines which are configured with static IPv6 IP only (not IPv 4) and Windows DNS server which is also configured using IPv6 

Network devices (Cisco Router and Switch) are with IPv6 compatible and configured as required 

Lab machines can talk to each other without any issue.

Currently on all IPv6 Client i am using hostfile, where i have added IPv6 address of few web sites like google, msn etc. which is working fine.

I want to know what i will have to do to access full Internet from Ipv6 machines?

Regards,

Swapnil

Thursday, June 8, 2017 11:36 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I think there are two points need to notice.

1.Your DNS Server (IPv6)whether resolve full internet domain name.

2.The website that you want to access also need to support IPv6 .

Best Regards,

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 9, 2017 9:04 AM
  • Hi,
    Just want to confirm the current situations.
    Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 15, 2017 5:49 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.
    If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.
    If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,
    Frank

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 7:45 AM