Logon failure on database with error 1245 - exchange server 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello People,

Now a days i am recieving freqent errors on event vwr stating logon failure on database with error 1245.

This is happening for different users.

I used err.exe to decode error 1245 and below is the result

ecshutoffquotaexceeded and ERROR_NOT_LOGGED_ON

can any one help me why i am getting above error and what action need to take to prevent in future?

Mallikarjuna YH, Windows / Exchange

Saturday, December 1, 2012 9:22 AM

Answers

• ecshutoffquotaexceeded -> Mailbox Has Reached its Quota

ERROR_NOT_LOGGED_ON -> The Connection Session for the user who got the error was rejected by the server as there was no room for the Server to provision a New Session for the user.

At any give point in time store can process 500 Sessions and in case if 501th Session has to be provisioned store has to kick off an existing session which has been idle for a long time.

This is a continuous process and in case if the online maintenance on the database doesn't happen properly the user's connectivity to their mailboxes will be lost as a result User's may not be able to logon to OWA/Outlook.

M.P.K ~ ( Exchange | 2003/2007/2010/E15(2013)) ~~ Please remember to click “Vote As Helpful" if it really helps and "Mark as Answer” if it answers your question, “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. ~~ This Information is provided is "AS IS" and confers NO Rights!!

Friday, December 14, 2012 2:59 AM

All replies

• Does the users face the issue with Losing connectivity to mailboxes quite often?

with the just 1022 Event we can't figure out much!

check to see for more errors and information.

Do you see anything like Event id 623/9791 reporting about Version Store?

Do you see 704 Event Source Online Defragmentation which says that the online maintenance on the database was interruted or teminiated. If you see event id 704 logged then that is your problem where online defragmentation has never been successful against the database which is reported. so, this is what you have to be figuring out!

M.P.K ~ ( Exchange | 2003/2007/2010/E15(2013)) ~~ Please remember to click “Vote As Helpful" if it really helps and "Mark as Answer” if it answers your question, “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. ~~ This Information is provided is "AS IS" and confers NO Rights!!

Monday, December 3, 2012 2:40 AM
  • HI MPK,

Thanks for your suggestions. Everything is clear for me. i got event 704 online defragmentation failed.

Now what i need is meanig of ERROR_NOT_LOGGED_ON?

Mallikarjuna YH, Windows / Exchange

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 4:25 PM
  • ecshutoffquotaexceeded -> Mailbox Has Reached its Quota

ERROR_NOT_LOGGED_ON -> The Connection Session for the user who got the error was rejected by the server as there was no room for the Server to provision a New Session for the user.

At any give point in time store can process 500 Sessions and in case if 501th Session has to be provisioned store has to kick off an existing session which has been idle for a long time.

This is a continuous process and in case if the online maintenance on the database doesn't happen properly the user's connectivity to their mailboxes will be lost as a result User's may not be able to logon to OWA/Outlook.

Friday, December 14, 2012 2:59 AM