Streaming Access 2003 . Outlook not working (MAPI32.DLL is corrupt or the wrong version) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I streamed Access2003. Trying to access Outlook 2003  which is in  local system. I am not able to launch outlook within bubble. Getting the error "(MAPI32.DLL is corrupt or the wrong version)". I am able to launch MS word, Excel and PPT within bubble . Just Outlook is giving the problem . I have added Local interaction allowed and tried adjusting the PATH variable with different directory paths.  Also tried Procmon and deleting the MSMAPi32.dll. Still nothing is helping me. Any help would be appreciated.   

Monday, August 8, 2011 4:03 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Have you experienced any other problems by adding all of HKCR to the virtual environment? Why would that not be suitable?
    /Znack
    • Marked as answer by Shriiii Wednesday, August 10, 2011 10:39 AM
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 1:21 PM
  • Hello,

remove any keys relating to printing and Adobe writer from HKCR - perhaps that will allow the rest of the keys to be added.

You could try using a new version of the sequencer;

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2571168

/Znack
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 9:50 AM

All replies

• Hello,

See this article;

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931914

Might be that it will assist you..

/Znack
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 4:26 AM
  • Thank you. My system is Windows 7 . So unfortunately no case suit my requirement .  My issue is more related towards within bubble I am not able to run Outlook . It works perfectly fine outside bubble .  Other MS office stuff works fine inside bubble. Also would like to add one point . I did a experient and added all the class registry keys from sequencing machine to  sequenced app. And it worked fine . But I dont want to add the whole set of registry keys from system to my application .  What else I can do .
    • Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, August 9, 2011 1:21 PM
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 1:18 PM
  • Hello,

Have you experienced any other problems by adding all of HKCR to the virtual environment? Why would that not be suitable?
    /Znack
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 1:21 PM
  • Yes when I add all set of key and use adobe writer within the bubble it hangs in between.  It successfully convert the files but the tab of "Converting to PDF" remains there and don't disappear.  It also not giving me to save anything on to Desktop.  I procmon it and I got this error  "INVALID DEVICE REQUEST-FSCTL_LMR_QUERY_DEBUG_INFO". Could this be the case because when I import registry during sequencing I use a different user login ?   
    • Edited by Shriiii Wednesday, August 10, 2011 10:06 AM
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 9:47 AM
  • Hello,

remove any keys relating to printing and Adobe writer from HKCR - perhaps that will allow the rest of the keys to be added.

You could try using a new version of the sequencer;

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2571168

/Znack
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 9:50 AM
  • Great help .  Yup deleting the  keys worked.   thank you 
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 10:40 AM