IMAP Problem Mac OS Majove RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have an question, my Dad has upgraded his iMac to Mac OS Majove. 

But for some reason the IMAP Synchronization is not good,

Because if the iMac Outlook is enabled all mail is gone? also from the IMAP Server,

On the Macbook there is Mac OS High Sierra and also the same Outlook 2016 

Can you guys help us out! Because for now we can't use the iMac for the mail. 

Outlook is supported for Mac OS Majove so this not the problem

Outlook is uptodate. 

• Moved by Perry-Pan Friday, September 28, 2018 5:03 AM
    Thursday, September 27, 2018 4:45 PM

All replies

• Hi Sydney-NL,

>> But for some reason the IMAP Synchronization is not good,

Does your account stop sending or receiving?

Please try removing and then re-add the IMAP account to Outlook for Mac to check the results.

If issue persists, we can create a new profile.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, September 28, 2018 5:03 AM
  • Hello Perry, We can Send mail. Recieve mail, but for some reason mail is coming in and also automaticly removed For the computer / IMAP server, so that is not good, From our other computer also an Apple, Apple Macbook everything works fine Also Outlook 2016
    Saturday, September 29, 2018 3:10 PM
  • Hi,

Does it only happen to one specific account? If you configure another email account on this problematic client, will same issue occur? This helps determine whether this issue lies on server-side or client-side.

Do you see folders labeled "On My Computer" in the navigation pane? If no, please go to Outlook > Preference. Under Personal Settings, click General, and then, under Sidebar, clear the Hide On My Computer folders check box. And then check if new messages are stored there.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Monday, October 1, 2018 7:23 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Tuesday, October 2, 2018 6:16 AM
    Monday, October 1, 2018 7:13 AM
  • Just check if there are any updates with this issue.

Regards,

Perry

Wednesday, October 3, 2018 4:58 AM
  • Hi,

Haven't heard from you for several days. Have you solved this issue?

If yes, would you mind sharing the fix here so that it will benefit other members a lot?

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

Thursday, October 4, 2018 6:12 AM
  • Hello, Sorry for my late responds 

I was waiting for my Dad problem is not solved yet.

The problem is happening  on all the accounts in outlook. 

Also tried your solution with On My Computer" in the navigation pane?

This was not enabled in the first place. 

I hope you can help us further because now we can't use the iMac for Mailing.

Monday, October 15, 2018 10:04 AM
  • Hi,

What’s the detailed version of Outlook for Mac?

What’s your account type? Exchange, POP or IMAP?

Please check the filter setting via selecting Inbox and going to Organize->Arrange By->Restore to Defaults.

Have you tried creating a new profile?

We can perform a clean startup (safe mode) to determine whether background programs are interfering with Office for Mac.

Regards,

Perry

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 6:18 AM
  • We use the last regular version of Outlook for Mac,

We use IMAP. 

No Filters used,

I Didn't try to make an new profile yet, because this uses an lot of time.

i hope to solve the problem without doing this.

Thank you! 

Hi,

What’s the detailed version of Outlook for Mac?

What’s your account type? Exchange, POP or IMAP?

Please check the filter setting via selecting Inbox and going to Organize->Arrange By->Restore to Defaults.

Have you tried creating a new profile?

We can perform a clean startup (safe mode) to determine whether background programs are interfering with Office for Mac.

Regards,

Perry

Monday, October 22, 2018 6:39 PM