Where site template will be store? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a simple question. Can any body tell me where site template will be store in data base or inetpub or 12 hive?

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, January 5, 2011 11:49 AM Please tell me as soon as possible. removed. NEVER ask for asap; fast replies or say something is urgent. These are forums. Wait your turn and do not push
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 11:32 AM

Answers

• HI

The problems in Feature directory. It has not all the latest features. So i have to copy them.

Ali Murtaza
    • Marked as answer by Emir Liu Monday, January 10, 2011 2:50 AM
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 4:28 PM

All replies

• Hi ali,

Every content of shrepoint site is store in content database. Site template does store in content database (as per my knowledge). Can you please let me know, why you are asking this question?

Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"
    • Proposed as answer by Pratik Vyas Wednesday, January 5, 2011 12:01 PM
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 11:56 AM
  • In fact i have added a new web front end in my existing farm.

In the previous farm, i was using a solution which get the site template from site template gallery and create the site on the base of this template.

Now when i added new WFE and access the farm through new WFE, it is giving me error. The site is created but its default.aspx is not working but if i go to _layouts/settings.aspx then it give me the setting of newly created site. I check the master pages as well but still i am facing the problem. 

Ali Murtaza
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 12:07 PM
  • There are two things to look in here: One is site definition which is stored in the file system on the web servers (in the 12 hive). The other is site template which is stored in the database (in the confing database).

When a site template is created, it is based out of a site definition (with a little customization on top of it). So all the information from the site definition along with the additional customization then go to the database. When some one refers to the site template, the components from the site defintion also gets referred.

If you have added a new WFE, make sure that the same site definition exists on this new WFE as compared to the old ones.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Dip

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 1:19 PM
  • Thanks for your reply

Let me check this one.

Ali Murtaza
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 2:02 PM
  • HI

The problems in Feature directory. It has not all the latest features. So i have to copy them.

Ali Murtaza
    • Marked as answer by Emir Liu Monday, January 10, 2011 2:50 AM
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 4:28 PM