SharePoint 2013/2016 servers not being discovered with SCOM 2012R2 since importing SharePoint 2016 MP RRS feed

• Question

• I had been using only the SharePoint 2013 mgmt pack for our environment and had mostly success with all of the servers and farm info being discovered and monitored. I recently imported the SharePoint 2016 mgmt pack, modified the required mp.config (almost forgot to make a backup copy of the previous one since Microsoft does not include a method to save/use the existing mp.config file info I have added) with all of the sharepoint server names, saved it and waited.

48 hours later, the list is still not populated nor is the farm info. Went back and checked the mp.config and sure enough it is still there. I am using the same service account in the run as profile for both the existing 2013 servers and the new 2016 servers since it has the required access.

Anything else I can check?

Also, in the admin tools for the sharepoint mgmt pack it lets you override where the location of the MPs/config file reside: Should it be %Program Files%\System Center Management Packs\ or should it be literal path. Does the path indicate that SCOM will look in the sharepoint mgmt pack folder at the above path for the mp.config file or do I need to copy that into the root of %Program Files%\System Center Management Packs\

I read the MP guide and while it is helpful, there are parts that could you a bit more explanation.

Trying to cover my bases with the questions as the sharepoint admins are not very..........

Thanks for your time and assistance.

Tony

Wednesday, February 6, 2019 1:56 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You need following things.

System Center Operations Manager 2012 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 with Full-Text Search feature are required to run System Center Monitoring Pack for SharePoint 2016.
    Have System Center Operations Manager 2012 deployed in at least one Management Group.
    Have the Operations Manager 2012 agent deployed on all computers that you want to monitor.
    Create a “SharePoint Discovery/Monitoring Account” Run As Account that is associated with a user account that has SharePoint 2016 farm administrative privileges and access to the related databases and application programming interface (API).

Please read the complete Detail on this Blog: System Center Management Pack for SharePoint Server 2016

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/allthat/2017/03/31/system-center-management-pack-for-sharepoint-server-2016/

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 8, 2019 7:27 AM
  • did this get fixed?
    Monday, August 10, 2020 6:30 PM
  • Afternoon and thanks. It got fixed the best it will get. The config file does not support (as far as I can find out) multiple accounts and servers for each. So I used the run as profile and run as account to identify them.

TS.

Monday, August 10, 2020 8:28 PM