Exchange 2003 Small Business Server Migration to Exchange 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I am migrating a client from Exchange 2003 running on SBS 2003 I can send mail from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 but can send mail from Exchange 2010 I have gone thru and made sure the privileges are inherited and I have recreated the send connectors and the recieve groups on the exchange 2003 server.  I have also made sure that the authentication is set to anonomous.  Any thoughts?
    Preston Thornhill
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 1:06 AM

Answers

• Its wierd they replicated over night.  I have now just moved the replicas and it seems to be populating.
    Preston Thornhill
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 3:48 PM

All replies

• You said you can send mail both directions, so you must have left a "not" out somewhere.

Is Exchange 2010 in the same organization as SBS or did you create a new Active Directory for Exchange 2010?  If it's the former, you need routing group connectors.  If it's the latter, you need to be sure that your SMTP connectors and accepted domains (recipient policy in Exchange 2003) settings are correct.  If you want to supply more detail, I or someone else will be happy to help you further.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 1:49 AM
  • The email is not flowing to the exchange 2003 server.  I have done all of this.  It still will not send mail.
    Preston Thornhill
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 4:21 AM
  • What happens whenyou try?
    Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 1:54 PM
  • When you try to either send an email from Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2003 user it hangs in the queue with an error no route found.  When public folders try to replicate from 2010 to 2003 it gives the same error.  However when you send an email from the 2003 server to a user on the 2010 server it goes thru.  However here is the weird part when you try to kick off and replicate the public folders from the 2003 to the 2010 server it never replicate but you dont see anything in the queue either. 
    Preston Thornhill
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 2:00 PM
  • Please post the complete message.
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 2:10 PM
  • Its wierd they replicated over night.  I have now just moved the replicas and it seems to be populating.
    Preston Thornhill
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 3:48 PM