none
Performance and "Load resource assignments summary" RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

After migrating Project Server 2010 to Project Server 2013 we have got a problem:

Projects take longer than expect to open in Project Professional 2013 (Project Professional 2010 works fine).

There is no such problem on new instance Project Server 2013. When disable «Load resource assignments summary» Project Professional 2013 open projects normally as expected.

Do you have any solution or workaround?

Thank you.

Thursday, September 26, 2013 6:32 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I have encountered the same issue here. Opening project in Gantt view is fine,however if you have the switch to resource related views (e.g.Resource Sheet, Resource Usage, etc) or just performing a Build Team, it can take up to  2 min to show the views. Disable the Load Resource Assignments works perfectly so the delay is due to the loading of resource assignments from other projects.

Regards,

Woon Woon, Gan

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 5:03 AM
  • Hi,

Try installing the latest updates of Project Server 2013 and check the behavior.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 2:27 PM
  • Hi,

I am currently on Aug 2013 CU.

Regards,

Woon Woon, Gan

Thursday, October 31, 2013 4:34 PM
  • Hi

I can confirm the issue even with October 2013 CU.

In our case the issue remains if I use a simple view like "Gantt Chart" and avoid split views or usage views. Just removing the "Load Summary Assignment" option removes the delay what is in my case about 30 seconds with a 50 tasks project plan with 30 resources.

Issue is like this since migration which we did with April CU applied and did not change with the current updates.

Christoph

Christoph Muelder | Senior Consultant, MCSE, MCT | SOLVIN information management GmbH, Germany

Monday, November 4, 2013 2:20 PM
  • Hi,

the same problem. A month ago I migrated from 2010 to 2013 Aug CU. 

First there were only problem that I cannot save the Enterprise Resource in PProf. Then other problem started - some corrupted projects (cannot publish error 23000, cannot save error...). 

I am trying to solve it with MS support for a month but no reasonable help...

The hint Save a project locally, then delete from server, then load it and publish does not work..

I found one possible solution - but it looks it is for 2010:

deleting records from msp_assn_enterprise table, 

social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/projectserver/en-US/0f56d5cc-20ec-404c-9b1b-8c7f1245b538/publish-failure-93

So, do you have any experience with this solution?

Tomas
    Sunday, December 1, 2013 8:44 PM