migrateusers throwing quota error RRS feed

• Question

• We are using SharePoint 2007 with the latest SP.  We have just added a new domain which is fully trusted and all our users have a new account in the new domain.  We are using the stsadm command migrateuser to migrate user accounts/my sites to the new domain.  This works for some users but other are throwing this error:

STSADM.EXE : Your changes could not be saved because this SharePoint Web site has exceeded the storage quota limit.
    At line:1 char:7
    + stsadm <<<<  -o migrateuser -oldlogin OLDDOMAIN\1234 -newlogin NEWDOMAIN\john.doe -ignoresidhistory
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (Your changes co...ge quota limit.:String) [], RemoteException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NativeCommandError

You must save your work to another location.  Contact your administrator to change the quota limits for the Web site.

The My Sites throwing error have NOT reached their quota, in fact I have even tried removing My Site quotas all together and still get the same error!  We have also read  that changing the convention used for my sites urls could cause the issue - this was done in the very early days of us using SharePoint (from 'user' to 'domain_user'), but none of the users failing have this issue.  This has really stumped us! Only My Sites have a quota set -  all other sites are quota free.  Any ideas?!

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 10:23 AM