Proclarity - Drill to detail is showing one record only. RRS feed

• Question

• I have developed a sales cube in sql server 2005 and am viewing it in Proclarity.  My fact table holds the all the transactions lines with the PK as the CompanyNo+sales order number+LineNo.  The issue is that when I drill to detail it always just shows one record insted of all the orders lines that make up the cells data.   

Can anyone suggest a reason why
    Saturday, February 27, 2010 7:08 PM

Answers

• Hello,

The ProClarity drill to detail feature is a pretty straight drillthrough operation.  It should return only the rows that are involved in the query (for example, maybe exactly what you're seeing).  However, note that you can restrict what data is returned in SSAS and this might be affecting what you're seeing.  Try checking your restrictrions in SSAS and try drilling up in ProClarity and running drill to detail again and seeing if you get more data. 

You might also grab the SQL query that is being run from SSAS to SQL during the drill to detail with Profiler and then re-running it in SQL to see if you get the same result.

-Joey
    • Marked as answer by CastorSmith Friday, April 2, 2010 12:41 PM
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 8:10 PM
  • Thanks for replay - i will try what you suggested.

Castor

• Marked as answer by CastorSmith Saturday, January 8, 2011 1:28 PM
    Friday, April 2, 2010 12:41 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The ProClarity drill to detail feature is a pretty straight drillthrough operation.  It should return only the rows that are involved in the query (for example, maybe exactly what you're seeing).  However, note that you can restrict what data is returned in SSAS and this might be affecting what you're seeing.  Try checking your restrictrions in SSAS and try drilling up in ProClarity and running drill to detail again and seeing if you get more data. 

You might also grab the SQL query that is being run from SSAS to SQL during the drill to detail with Profiler and then re-running it in SQL to see if you get the same result.

-Joey
    • Marked as answer by CastorSmith Friday, April 2, 2010 12:41 PM
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 8:10 PM
  • Thanks for replay - i will try what you suggested.

Castor

• Marked as answer by CastorSmith Saturday, January 8, 2011 1:28 PM
    Friday, April 2, 2010 12:41 PM