Can't get Top Ribbon on Outlook.com RRS feed

• Question

• A very basic question...is outlook.com the same as outlook 2016? 

Reason for asking is that I cannot get the top ribbon to show on my outlook.com - googled and tried all suggestions...no joy.

Thursday, June 15, 2017 9:46 PM

All replies

• Not the same.

Outlook.com is a free web based mail portal. The ribbon that you see within Outlook 2016 is not available on Outlook.com.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 16, 2017 7:57 AM
  • Many thanks Ethan, just one more question...if I setup a outlook.2016 account will that conflict with outlook.com and can all the emails visible in outlook.com be imported to outlook.2016 followed by deleting the outlook.com account?

Many thanks

Friday, June 16, 2017 8:23 AM
  • Hi,

Let me first confirm the scenario with you. So right now, you have an Outlook.com account (e.g. kestral987@outlook.com), then you configured this account into Outlook 2016 (the desktop version of Outlook client), right?

You definitely can add your own Outlook.com account into the desktop version of Outlook 2016. And all Outlook.com mailboxes have been migrated to the Office 365 Exchange Online mail servers, which means when you configure it into Outlook 2016, all the messages will be visible within both the web portal and Outlook 2016.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need further clarification.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 16, 2017 9:48 AM
  • Hi,

Just want to do a follow up on this and see if above information was helpful for you. Please feel free to let us know if you need further clarification on this.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Sunday, June 25, 2017 2:26 PM