none
split large size PST files RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

I have some very large sized Outlook PST files which are difficult to store and handle. Is there any way so that I can divide these large sized files and still can use them as I am currently using. I do not want to lose any data or access to these files. Please suggest some suitable way. TIA

Tuesday, March 26, 2019 10:04 AM

Answers

• Hello Ethan,

The problem you are going through is quite common. Generally, the size of the PST file becomes large due to the accumulation of too much data. But, no need to worry. You can split your larger PST file into multiple smaller PST files. However, it can not be done manually. But, there are a no. of third-party software tools available in the market. You can use one of them as per your convenience.

I have also gone through the same issue some months ago. As recommended by someone and also my personal research, I decided to use one software tool that is very efficient and reliable. I think you can also give a try to that. 

Here is the link for that: https://msoutlookhelp.com/pst/splitter/

I shared what I felt to be shared. You can go through it as per your suitability. Hope it helps.

• Edited by ankit3302 Saturday, March 30, 2019 9:04 AM
    • Proposed as answer by ankit3302 Saturday, March 30, 2019 9:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by ethanjakson Saturday, March 30, 2019 9:26 AM
    Saturday, March 30, 2019 9:04 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft TechNet Forum.

As far as I know, there isn't any free tool which is available on the web to split large PST file into multiple small PST files. 

If you are looking for any third party to split Large PST file into small PST files, please refer to the following link:

https://www.systoolsgroup.com/split-pst.html

Note: This is a third-party link and we do not have any guarantees on this website. This is just for your convenience. And Microsoft does not make any guarantees about the content.

Meanwhile, I found a post which have a similar problem with you, please try to refer to it.

Hope the above information will be helpful.

Best regards,

Hurry

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, March 26, 2019 3:57 PM
  • Hi,
    How things are going there on this issue?
    Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best regards,

Hurry

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, March 28, 2019 1:53 PM
  • Hello Ethan,

The problem you are going through is quite common. Generally, the size of the PST file becomes large due to the accumulation of too much data. But, no need to worry. You can split your larger PST file into multiple smaller PST files. However, it can not be done manually. But, there are a no. of third-party software tools available in the market. You can use one of them as per your convenience.

I have also gone through the same issue some months ago. As recommended by someone and also my personal research, I decided to use one software tool that is very efficient and reliable. I think you can also give a try to that. 

Here is the link for that: https://msoutlookhelp.com/pst/splitter/

I shared what I felt to be shared. You can go through it as per your suitability. Hope it helps.

• Edited by ankit3302 Saturday, March 30, 2019 9:04 AM
    • Proposed as answer by ankit3302 Saturday, March 30, 2019 9:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by ethanjakson Saturday, March 30, 2019 9:26 AM
    Saturday, March 30, 2019 9:04 AM
  • Thank you all for your replies. I will go through a third party tool.
    Saturday, March 30, 2019 9:25 AM
  • You can easily split your large sized Outlook PST file into small multiple files by using any third party tool.

There are lots of tools or software are available you can easily search on google. 

You make should try : http://www.kdetools.com/pst-splitter/

• Split high large PST file in once
    • Split large PST file by MB/KB
    • split PST by only contacts
    • split PST by only calendar
    • Split PST by date, year, month
    • Split PST by To, Cc, Bcc
    • Edited by Amaya Smith Monday, September 16, 2019 12:50 PM text update
    Friday, May 3, 2019 10:42 AM
  • There are various methods available by which you can eaily split large PST into multiple PST files. I would recommend you to try the manual method first. You can try the import and export techniqure to split the large PST files. Follow the below steps:

• firstly, start MS Outlook.
    • then click on Files from the Menu and then click on Account settings.
    • A dialog box will appear, from that you have to select the Data files tab and click on Add Button.
    • Again a dialog box will apear, you have to select the File name and location of PST file.
    • now, click on OK button and close the account settings window.
    • click on Files tab again >> Click Open >> Click import 
    • the import and export wizard will  appear, click on export option and click Next.
    • now, select the PST file and click on next to contiue split the PST file.
    • A window will popup, click on the foleder or sub-folder to export from and click on the Next button.
    • select the appropriate option and click on Finish.
    • a window will appear, you have to create a password for the PST file otherwise click Cancel. 
    • New PST file will be created now.

To know more manual as well as automated techniques you can go through this technical guide. How to split a Large PST file

Thursday, May 16, 2019 9:30 AM
  • @ethanjackson, you can split the PST size by Size, Data or email ID using available utilities online.

One such utility is the PST Splitter for Outlook module of Stellar Toolkit for Outlook during the google search . It can work with Outlook 2019 and earlier versions and provides Option to split multiple PST file at the same time using batch file creation. 

Monday, June 24, 2019 4:05 AM
  • You can try this software Split Outlook PST it easily breaks large PST file into another format without any data loss and no compromise your file size you can easily handle all the process, there are available free demo version of the software.
    For more info visit: https://www.toolsground.com/split-outlook-pst/
    Wednesday, July 3, 2019 6:01 AM
  • Hello

Hope you are doing well.

PST Files are bit a complicated subject because it contains emails, contacts, calendar and many more. There are different extensions for all PST components. Thus, in conversion or any kind of data practice in the PST folders can cause data corruption. So if you want Split Large PST files without corrupting it, then I will recommend you to for some automatic tools.

Here in my point, Ignissta PST Splitter is the reliable and best tool for large PST files splitting. Now with one software you can merge PST files as well as split PST files easily. This tool comes wth

• 100% secure and complete solution
    • Life-time customer support
    • Demo version available 
    • Several advance version including split and merge PST as per date, time (user choice).
    • Many more

Split and merge PST files with Ignissta PST Splitter & Merger.

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 11:26 AM
  • PST Files are bit a complicated subject because it contains emails, contacts, calendar and many more. There are different extensions for all PST components. Thus, in conversion or any kind of data practice in the PST folders can cause data corruption. So if you want Split Large PST files without corrupting it, then I will recommend you to for some automatic tools.

Download Trail Version and Split Over Size PST file with small size https://www.ignissta.com/pst-splitter-merger/

Here in my point, Ignissta PST Splitter is the reliable and best tool for large PST files splitting. Now with one software you can merge PST files as well as split PST files easily. This tool comes wth

• 100% secure and complete solution
    • Life-time customer support
    • Demo version available 
    • Several advance version including split and merge PST as per date, time (user choice).
    • Many more

Split and merge PST files with Ignissta PST Splitter & Merger

Thursday, September 12, 2019 11:16 AM
  • Use this outlook pst split software which offers a greater list of other supporting features to benefit the procedure from, which makes it all the more better than manually splitting a PST file. The software is completely safe as well as secure to perform the splitting of Outlook database.

Visit here:-   www.softmagnat.com/split-pst.html

Thursday, September 26, 2019 5:27 AM
  • MailsDaddy PST Split Tool is one of the most popular solutions, which easily divides large or oversized PST file into small data files as per your requirements. The split PST tool scans deeply the PST files and split every single data item such as Journals, Contacts, Calendars, Outbox, Deleted Items, and Drafts. 

Excellent Features of PST Splitter:

- Split multiple large or oversized PST files.

- Supports all editions of MS Outlook.

- Split Archive and Password Protected PST files.

- Easy to use and Download in any Windows OS.

- Supports ANSI & UNICODE PST File.

- Split PST File by size, date, email id and folder.

• Edited by Rude Warner Wednesday, November 6, 2019 7:45 AM
    Wednesday, November 6, 2019 7:45 AM
  • If anyone looking the PST Splitter then I would suggest trying to use the powerful tool is KDETools Outlook PST Splitter. This Software breaks the PST files into small pieces. It has various featured:

Splits the large PST files by date, size, year and folder.

Breaks the large PST files without losing any data.

Software breaks the large PST files without losing any data.

Breaks the large PST files in ANSI and Version and Outlook Version.

Supports all the Version.

Friday, November 8, 2019 6:13 AM
  • You can easily split over-sized Outlook PST data files into smaller parts with the help of Split Large PST File. Through this Split Large PST software, you can easily split each and every single item such as Calendar, Contacts, Inbox, Outbox, Deleted Items, Sent Items and Drafts.
    Thursday, November 14, 2019 5:48 AM
  • If you looking at the great solution for split the over-sized Outlook PST file then use Outlook PST Split Expert. It easily divides the large size PST file without losing a single bit of data. The software provides 4 different option for segment the PST data such as- Split by year, by size, and by folder. PST Splitter is compatible with all editions of Windows OS and MS Outlook. 

Visit here: https://www.datavare.com/software/outlook-pst-split-expert.html

Saturday, November 23, 2019 7:05 AM
  • Get advanced PST Splitter software, which can split large Outlook PST file into small parts in few straightforward clicks. Shoviv PST Splitter software provides 4 astounding options to break large PST files such as split PST by size, date, year and folder wise. This tool supports both Unicode and ANSI PST files. By using this tool, users can easily avoid the risk of data corruption, which arises due to over-sized PST file.

If you want to try manual methods for splitting PST read this blog: Split PST files

Thursday, November 28, 2019 6:39 AM