none
Copy sent items of user mailbox to shared mailbox

Question

• Hello everyone,

I'm currently testing a mail scenario with Exchange Online Plan 1. The general idea is having 1 info@ address as a shared mailbox and about 5 user@ addresses with accounts.

All incoming mails should go into the inbox of the shared mailbox (that works, no problem), but also all outgoing mails should be placed in the sent items of the shared mailbox. Internal work flow requires that behaviour. 

Since 2013 it seems possible to adjust the settings of the server to actually copy the sent item of a shared mailbox address to the sent items folder of the shared mailbox without registry hack - that sounds good (haven't testet it yet). 

Now I have two questions:

1. Does this also work with Exchange Online Plan 1 (since I don't have a power shell there...) ?
    2. How can I also copy the sent items of the user@ addresses to the shared mailbox sent items folder?

I tried using the local outlook rules, but those seem to be stuck within one mailbox. I can't actually copy a sent item from the personal mailbox to the shared mailbox using a rule...doing it manually works though. 

Any help would be appreciated!

Wednesday, August 17, 2016 8:52 AM

Answers

• Hi Helge,

You can also refer to the details steps in the following article to create a rule moving sent items:

How to create in Outlook a rule moving sent mail to a specified folder

Please note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. And the changes made in the above blog is not supported officially by Microsoft.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, August 18, 2016 6:56 AM

All replies

• I dont think there is an option with exchange online plan 1 to configure the sentitemdelegates properties.

However outlook registry hack can help you to achieve your task by the below settings.

1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
    2. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\<var class="sbody-var" style="box-sizing:border-box;">x.0</var>\Outlook\Preferences
      Note The <var class="sbody-var" style="box-sizing:border-box;">x.0</var> placeholder represents your version of Office (16.0 = Office 2016, 15.0 = Office 2013, 14.0 = Office 2010).
    3. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
    4. Type DelegateSentItemsStyle, and then press Enter.
    5. Right-click DelegateSentItemsStyle, and then click Modify.
    6. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
    7. Exit Registry Editor.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016 9:02 AM
  • Thanks for your reply. That only works for question 1, right?
    Wednesday, August 17, 2016 9:34 AM
  • Yes for the second one, you can setup a outlook rule when you send an email message with the specified account it should move to some specified folder.

That should work.

Thanks,

Thursday, August 18, 2016 3:08 AM
  • Hi Helge,

You can also refer to the details steps in the following article to create a rule moving sent items:

How to create in Outlook a rule moving sent mail to a specified folder

Please note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. And the changes made in the above blog is not supported officially by Microsoft.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, August 18, 2016 6:56 AM