none
Assign multiple resources (from 1 of 2 groups) to a single task RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm putting together a project plan for a software implementation and would like to assign multiple resources to a single task because there are two entities - the customer and the vendor. The customer is purchasing the software and providing a project team to help implement (and learn) the software. Of course, the vendor has its own project team and will be providing resources to install the software as well. Thus, there will be a lead from each project team (customer and vendor) responsible for each task. Is there any way to accurately represent this approach in MS Project 2010?

Thank you,

gohargod

Friday, October 14, 2016 5:54 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you defined the resources in the Resource Sheet view?   For "group" you could add customer and vendor to help further identify each resource.  I'd consider breaking the resources down into job functions, particularly if you have limitations on how many of a particular skill set you have.

To assign more than one resource you can:

1. Use the assign resources dialog box and select the multiple resources.  If you need to assign two Business Analysts, enter 200% in the Units field.
    2. Use the Task form (split your window to show the form in the lower pane).  If you have work estimates, you can select the resources in the form, and enter the work estimates.  Project will recalculate the task duration (assuming the task is not Fixed duration).

I hope this helps.

Julie

Friday, October 14, 2016 7:37 PM