none
AFTER REVERTING BACK TO WINDOWS 7 PRO FROM WINDOWS 10, I CAN NO LONGER USE PAINT, PHOTO GALLERY, MOVIE MAKER RRS feed

• Question

• I do not know if I am posting in the right location.  If not, please forgive me. I am getting ready to launch my own campaign against Microsoft for ruining yet another laptop.I really believe that Microsoft looks into my laptop to determine what it is that I use the most and when they know they go about destroying the integrity of the programs.After being forced, not my consent, to upgrade to windows 10, my laptop has all kinds of errors.  I do not have time to try and find out how to fix it.  I have spent hours already trying to figure out how to get my Windows 7 Pro to function as it should.  I purchased this laptop March 2015 brand new because it had Windows 7 Pro and that is what I want to use.I have not tried to reinstall windows yet.  This is the last resort for me since it is so difficult to get a reliable backup..Please help me to recover from Microsoft's intrusive behavior#1WHEN I REBOOT COMPUTER#2 WHEN TRYING TO OPEN PHOTO GALLERY#3 PHOTO GALLERY#4 Movie Maker#5 WHAT PAINT LOOKS LIKE NOW, NO TOOLS#6 WINDOWS VERSION

<object id="kpm_plugin" type="application/x-KPMPlugin"></object>
    Thursday, June 16, 2016 8:05 PM

All replies

• I do not know if I am posting in the right location.  If not, please forgive me. I am getting ready to launch my own campaign against Microsoft for ruining yet another laptop.I really believe that Microsoft looks into my laptop to determine what it is that I use the most and when they know they go about destroying the integrity of the programs.After being forced, not my consent, to upgrade to windows 10, my laptop has all kinds of errors.  I do not have time to try and find out how to fix it.  I have spent hours already trying to figure out how to get my Windows 7 Pro to function as it should.  I purchased this laptop March 2015 brand new because it had Windows 7 Pro and that is what I want to use.I have not tried to reinstall windows yet.  This is the last resort for me since it is so difficult to get a reliable backup..Please help me to recover from Microsoft's intrusive behavior#1WHEN I REBOOT COMPUTER#2 WHEN TRYING TO OPEN PHOTO GALLERY#3 PHOTO GALLERY#4 Movie Maker#5 WHAT PAINT LOOKS LIKE NOW, NO TOOLS#6 WINDOWS VERSION

I have more but I did not think I would be able to submit them  HERE ARE THE ERRORS

Thursday, June 16, 2016 8:11 PM
  • Hi JGLynch,

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this. please run our auto-fix program to regenerate Windows Photo Gallery cache in your computer. Here is the link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/944221

It is possible that the issue is caused by a corrupted program file in Windows Live Photo Gallery installed in your computer. Please refer to steps below on how to repair your client:

1. Go to Control Panel.

2. Under Programs, click Uninstall a Program.

3. Locate Windows Live Essential 2011, and then click Uninstall/Change.

4. When a window appears, select Repair all Windows Live programs.

5. Restart your computer after the repair.

If these steps don’t work, I suggest that we could reinstall the Media Player. Please check the link below to follow the steps.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/26107/how-to-reinstall-windows-media-player-in-windows-7-to-solve-problems/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope it will be helpful to you.

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, June 17, 2016 9:26 AM
  • Hi. thank you for responding. However, I do no longer have Windows Essentials 2011.  Microsoft removed that from my computer some time back and replaced it with Windows Essential 2012, ever since then I lost the tools for mspaint.  So just now I uninstall the 2012 essentials and looked for the 2011 Essentials but, it is no longer available for download. If Microsoft no longer supports Windows Essential 2011 have they replaced it with something else or is it just one or more of the programs that they will not let anyone use?  

Any other suggestions.  What happened to paint? it no longer has any editing tools?  Even if I reimage the hard drive and start over, it is only a temporary thing before Microsoft messes it up again.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Monday, June 20, 2016 4:52 AM
  • I tried what you suggested and nothing has changed.  I still have same errors on reboot and Movie Maker, Photo Gallery do not open.  Also Paint no longer has any editing tools.  

If you can provide for me a link where Windows Essentials 2011 can actually ne downloaded, then maybe this will work.

Otherwise, idk what else to except to reinstall windows, and this is the last thing I want to do.  Even, if I dp a windows back up and chose what I want to have backed up, I do not trust that I will not lose data.  

Let's face it, I am the only one that cares about the integrity of my data on my laptop. The only thing Microsoft is concerned about is when will everyone upgrade to WIndows 10.

Monday, June 20, 2016 12:07 PM
  • Hi JGLynch,

I fully understand the inconvenience you have encountered. I will be glad to assist you with this. For the KB in the below Windows 7 is suit for Windows Essentials 2012, please check it:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17779/download-windows-essentials

Have you used the fix and reinstall the Media Player? If these steps don’t work, I suggest that we could try open the System Recovery Options menu to repair. Please refer to the link below.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17101/windows-7-system-recovery-options

Please believe that we pay more attention to your experience. If you choose to reinstall the system, please back up your important data. If you don’t want to get the upgrade to windows 10 notification, please check the link below to follow the steps to disable it and Microsoft would stop to upgrade Windows 10 on July 30.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3080351

Thank you for your understanding

Hope it will be helpful to you.

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 8:49 AM