Power Pivot & Power Query RRS feed

• Question

• I have very recently purchased yet another copy of Office, I now have every version from 97-2013, all Pro versions. I downloaded powerpivot for 2010 and that works fine. When I purchased (directly from MS) 2013 I thought powerpivot came with it as standard. I am agahst that it doesn't, I tried downloading it only to be told "I do not have the correct version"!!!

What is going on MS?? nowhere does it say "CAUTION this Pro version does not have PowerPivot or PowerQuery, oh and what's more you can't download it either!"

I am a developer who constantly hears from clients "I'm not having 2013..." maybe they know more than I do eh?

Come on please play fair!

Tuesday, December 2, 2014 12:25 PM

Answers

• Hi,
    We have definitely heard your frustration, and I have seen you used Office 2013 Pro above, but I wanted to confirm this information, because Power Pivot for Excel 2010 had no version limitation. As I mentioned above, >>Now Power Pivot is built-in add-ins with Excel 2013, we do not need to download it, just enable it.<< Thus, there might be some communication misunderstanding, when you purchased Office 2013 Pro.

Based on your situation now, I recommend you connect the Microsoft Customer Service Center  to get more help:

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/customer-service-phone-numbers/en-us

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

George Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

Thursday, December 4, 2014 1:19 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Which Office 2013 version are you purchased? Office 2013 Professional or Office 2013 Professional Plus? As far as I know, Power Pivot & Power Query are available in the Office 2013 Professional Plus and Office 365 Professional Plus editions, and in the standalone edition of Excel 2013, not Pro version( If you only purchased Pro, you can't use them)

Now Power Pivot is built-in add-ins with Excel 2013, we do not need to download it, just enable it.

• Go to File > Options > Add-Ins.
    • In the Manage box, click COM Add-ins> Go.

• Check the Microsoft Office Power Pivot in Microsoft Excel 2013 box, and then click OK.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Start-Power-Pivot-in-Microsoft-Excel-2013-add-in-a891a66d-36e3-43fc-81e8-fc4798f39ea8?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/download-microsoft-power-query-for-excel-FX104018616.aspx

Hope it's helpful.Regards,

George Zhao

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

• Edited by George123345 Thursday, December 4, 2014 1:22 AM add info
    Wednesday, December 3, 2014 2:40 AM
  • Hi George,

thanks for the reply.

I  thought I'd mentioned that I was running Office Pro, not Pro Plus, just Pro. As I also mentioned I already have PP running with 2010 so I obviously know where to find it. My problem is that on the "Pro" version I have (purchased from MS directly) neither PP or PQ are available, either as an add-in or as a download, something not made clear when I purchased it.

So, just to recap, I know where to find the add-ins and I know how to install them. My problem is that PP is not listed as an add-in on my downloaded version of Office Pro, nor can I download it as I get the msg that I described above.

What do i want? I want MS to facilitate a download of a product that they say is available to Office Pro and yet is not on my downloaded version of Office Pro (remember this was downloaded directly from MS not a third party!) I would also like them to make it clear that PQ is ONLY available with Pro PLUS, which is not made clear when the products are purchased. I hope this is clear.

thanks once again George for your good intentions, I appreciate the thought.

regards, Stephen.

Wednesday, December 3, 2014 7:49 AM
  • Hi,
    We have definitely heard your frustration, and I have seen you used Office 2013 Pro above, but I wanted to confirm this information, because Power Pivot for Excel 2010 had no version limitation. As I mentioned above, >>Now Power Pivot is built-in add-ins with Excel 2013, we do not need to download it, just enable it.<< Thus, there might be some communication misunderstanding, when you purchased Office 2013 Pro.

Based on your situation now, I recommend you connect the Microsoft Customer Service Center  to get more help:

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/customer-service-phone-numbers/en-us

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

George Zhao

Thursday, December 4, 2014 1:19 AM