Veiwing files removed from a PC running Windows 10 64bit RRS feed

• Question

• We wondering if there is a way of seeing what files may have been removed from a PC ruining Windows 10 64bit on a certain day in April 2016 and transferred to a USB stick? 

The old employee that has resigned and possibly taken files situation.  

If someone can assist with this issue it would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you PF. 

Monday, May 30, 2016 8:36 AM

Answers

• No auditing for removed \ deleted files in Windows 10 (or any other versions). So nothing in Windows 10 that can help I am afraid. The only thing I think to check to is the deleted files with third party software, as in effect files moved are deleted from the original system. This would be less successful as times goes on as usage on that machine will remove that information. Cannot not recommend any particular recovery software sorry as have not used any recently.

Monday, May 30, 2016 9:52 PM
  • Hi soundfactorygroup,

The deleted files will be located in the "Recycle bin". Or we may try to use third party software to recover the deleted files as Mr Happy suggested.

Best regards

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 6:01 AM

All replies

• No auditing for removed \ deleted files in Windows 10 (or any other versions). So nothing in Windows 10 that can help I am afraid. The only thing I think to check to is the deleted files with third party software, as in effect files moved are deleted from the original system. This would be less successful as times goes on as usage on that machine will remove that information. Cannot not recommend any particular recovery software sorry as have not used any recently.

Monday, May 30, 2016 9:52 PM
  • Hi soundfactorygroup,

The deleted files will be located in the "Recycle bin". Or we may try to use third party software to recover the deleted files as Mr Happy suggested.

Best regards

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 6:01 AM