Taskbar preview RRS feed

• Question

• Love the new taskbar preview feature, but I'm visualy impaired and would like to know if there is a way to change its size so I can enlarge it. Thanks.
    Wednesday, January 28, 2009 9:20 AM

Answers

• WhitePaw said:This simple little answer was what I was looking for. Thank you. Though I question the harshness of it. Honestly if I have this much of a problem getting a simple answer like this I think I'm better off sticking to linux. At least in that comunity if you ask a question such as this you get a strait answer. not a bunch of opinions on what others think you should do or when you finaly get one someone yelling it at you. After this I'd hate to see what I'd get if I had a real issue, and after reading threw the rest of the posts I'm seeing a lot of responces like this. Have fun guys tormenting each other. I'm uninstalling.
    Hello WhitePaw,

Sorry that you feel this way.  The answer at this time is no.  There is no option to adjust the size of the Preview Pane in Aero Peek.  This has been submitted as feedback by several people so it could be available in later builds.

I wish you would reconsider you choice of uninstalling.  While i can understand your point of the way the answers were presented things like this are apparent in every community.  Please do not let a few comments spoil your experience.

Regards,

~Alex T.~
    ~Windows Desktop Experience MVP~
    • Marked as answer by Alex T Jr Thursday, January 29, 2009 8:09 PM
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 8:08 PM

All replies

• If you are visually impaired, you should be using the magnifyer tool.
    Wednesday, January 28, 2009 1:57 PM
  • You could go to Control Panel then Appearance and Personalization and under Display select "Make text and other items larger or smaller".  Mind you this makes Everything bigger, but might help. 

Scott

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 4:01 PM
  • This is not what I was asking. I want to know if its possable to make the little preview larger. The rest of my screen is already on a large monitor etc. I don't need magnifier, so no sugestions on that. Thank you.
    Wednesday, January 28, 2009 10:06 PM
  • The thumbnails/taskbar preview are not meant to be readable. If you hover on the items, it will show you the actual window anyway so why bother to have bigger thumbnails? Anyway, what screen resolution are you using?
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 9:45 AM
  • Screen resolution is 720i on a 22" monitor and not the issue. All I want to know is if the preview can be resized. yes or no. Please do not respond with other comments on changing the rest of the display since its readable to me. Thank you.
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 10:31 AM
  • the answer is NO!!

GOOD DAY!!
    • Proposed as answer by cpx13 Thursday, January 29, 2009 10:47 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Alex T Jr Thursday, January 29, 2009 8:04 PM
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 10:47 AM
  • I don't know if it is possible under Windows 7 but under vista there were small programs that allowed you to change the size of the taskbar thumbnails. Think it was called Ave Thumbnail Sizer.

I doubt it would work in W7 but perhaps someone will be making one for & soon?
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 11:51 AM
  • cpx13 said:

the answer is NO!!

GOOD DAY!!

This simple little answer was what I was looking for. Thank you. Though I question the harshness of it. Honestly if I have this much of a problem getting a simple answer like this I think I'm better off sticking to linux. At least in that comunity if you ask a question such as this you get a strait answer. not a bunch of opinions on what others think you should do or when you finaly get one someone yelling it at you. After this I'd hate to see what I'd get if I had a real issue, and after reading threw the rest of the posts I'm seeing a lot of responces like this. Have fun guys tormenting each other. I'm uninstalling.
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 2:41 PM
  • I think what nsswaga was wanting to know about your screen resolution was, as I believe that would be the only way you would get a larger or smaller preview, with screen resolution. I understand you didn't want to change these settings as the screen is readable. However as another poster had mentioned if you hover over the preview it will bring that screen to the front so you can see exactly what is displayed. In Short there is no way to have a larger or smaller preview without changing screen resolution.

As for the response you got and now you're uninstalling. These people are only trying to help you and yet you demand! what answers they give. Take all replies onboard and then select the appropriate answer for your solution! Simple!

Have a nice day folks!

Thursday, January 29, 2009 2:56 PM
  • You're uninstalling???  Whats the point, the previews are bigger than they were in Vista, and if you hover over the popup preview, you can see the full sized window, with the others hidden.  If this isnt a perfect solution, perhaps you were just looking for any old excuse to criticise and remove Windows 7, and are just looking for attention here...

Just a thought

Thursday, January 29, 2009 3:03 PM
  • WhitePaw said:

cpx13 said:

the answer is NO!!

GOOD DAY!!

This simple little answer was what I was looking for. Thank you. Though I question the harshness of it. Honestly if I have this much of a problem getting a simple answer like this I think I'm better off sticking to linux. At least in that comunity if you ask a question such as this you get a strait answer. not a bunch of opinions on what others think you should do or when you finaly get one someone yelling it at you. After this I'd hate to see what I'd get if I had a real issue, and after reading threw the rest of the posts I'm seeing a lot of responces like this. Have fun guys tormenting each other. I'm uninstalling.

Mr. WhitePaw, you can't pretend like the Linux community is a warm fuzzy all embracing happy place. Anyone who uses Linux knows better than that.

Lets not forget that it was the Unix/Linux community that made the phrase "RTFM" the motto of their cult.

Thursday, January 29, 2009 7:26 PM
  • WhitePaw said:This simple little answer was what I was looking for. Thank you. Though I question the harshness of it. Honestly if I have this much of a problem getting a simple answer like this I think I'm better off sticking to linux. At least in that comunity if you ask a question such as this you get a strait answer. not a bunch of opinions on what others think you should do or when you finaly get one someone yelling it at you. After this I'd hate to see what I'd get if I had a real issue, and after reading threw the rest of the posts I'm seeing a lot of responces like this. Have fun guys tormenting each other. I'm uninstalling.
    Hello WhitePaw,

Sorry that you feel this way.  The answer at this time is no.  There is no option to adjust the size of the Preview Pane in Aero Peek.  This has been submitted as feedback by several people so it could be available in later builds.

I wish you would reconsider you choice of uninstalling.  While i can understand your point of the way the answers were presented things like this are apparent in every community.  Please do not let a few comments spoil your experience.

Regards,

~Alex T.~
    ~Windows Desktop Experience MVP~
    • Marked as answer by Alex T Jr Thursday, January 29, 2009 8:09 PM
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 8:08 PM
  • JP-M said:

Mr. WhitePaw, you can't pretend like the Linux community is a warm fuzzy all embracing happy place. Anyone who uses Linux knows better than that.

Lets not forget that it was the Unix/Linux community that made the phrase "RTFM" the motto of their cult.

JP-M: just how many Linux forums are you a member of?

I personally have never treated a fellow forum member in such a way, and don't ever remember ever being on the receiving end.

My two cents. 

Thursday, January 29, 2009 11:57 PM