Trying to get bookmark links into a drop-down menu or seeking alternative solution RRS feed

• Question

• Hi folks.

I have a massive document, and there is an Action log in it. Each action is a table with a set of information in it.

Actions are numbered from 1 to 500.

I need to reference other actions generated or linked to the action in question.

So if I am reading Action 50, and the information in Action 50 required lets say, three more actions to be generated, then those Actions would need to be listed. Currently I have a drop-down menu from 1 - 500 so you can select which action, and this drop down is copied a few times in the row so you can select up to five.

It's a huge document though. It takes an age to scroll to the related action.

Is there any way at all, I can provide the user (assume no Word knowledge) a way of selecting the numbers of the generated actions, and these then linking to a bookmark at that very action?

Does anyone have any ideas for alternative solutions?

This is driving me crazy.

Friday, February 5, 2016 2:46 PM

Answers

• Hi Paul,

Sorry, to be more clear, it's 500 individual tables, each one being an action.

I've not looked at putting 500 in to a drop down menu as I'm only experimenting with options so far, so didn't realise there was a limit.

In fairness, this question was asked prior to your answer for the previous one, so they will just have to link the actions manually, which is now possible due to the section breaks answer.

I'll shut this question off as it's kind of moot now.

Thanks!

• Marked as answer by Troopyhcr Sunday, February 7, 2016 11:26 AM
    Sunday, February 7, 2016 11:26 AM

All replies