Domain Profile on NIC , Direct Access RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Cant configure Direct Access or VPN in server 2012 R2 with two NICs.

One is 10.0.0.1 which represents the LAN and other is xx.xy.xz.166 which is dedicated static internet line from ISP.

NIC profile on both NICs are domain profile which I failed to change, see screenshot and advise how to work it out.

and

N.A.Malik

Wednesday, July 8, 2015 12:24 PM

All replies

• Wednesday, July 8, 2015 11:48 PM
  • Hi,

If the computer can access domain controller through a connection, it will apply domain profile on this connection.

Please make sure that the external NIC can't access your domain controller.

Note: If domain profile has been applied to the connection, we can't change it manually.

Best Regards.

Steven Lee Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steven_Lee0510 Monday, August 10, 2015 9:29 AM
    Thursday, July 9, 2015 2:51 AM
  • Please make sure that the external NIC can't access your domain controller.

That was the question I asked, how to prevent it to happen? Because I cant use Direct Access or VPN in this case.

N.A.Malik

Thursday, July 9, 2015 5:48 AM
  • Hi,

The external NIC is connected to the internet. If the DA server can access domain controller through the external NIC, it means that your domain controller is exposed to the internet. It's not recommended due to the security reasons.

>>That was the question I asked, how to prevent it to happen?

Physically make the domain controller can't be accessed from the internet.

Here is the screenshot of my DA server:

Best Regards.

Steven Lee Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 10, 2015 9:29 AM