none
Hyper-V encountered an error while configuring the network

Question

• Hello!

I've ran into a "little" problem while I was trying to create a virtual machine (Windows Server 2012 R2). The reason why I am trying to create the virtual machine is educational (we need to do it thanks to the University I am studying at).

The problem I am facing is saying that Hyper-V encountered an error while configuring the network. 

Please note that I already did check the services and the "Hyper-V Virtual Machine Management" is already set to run when Windows starts and it's set to automatic (and obviously is already running at the moment of talking). I am unsure on what to even try at this point because I can't find a possible solution to deal with this. 

Has anyone had this exact sort of problem where the issue continued even after making sure the VM Management service is running?

EDIT: One last thing: I did check in my BIOS, and the VM option is enabled.
    • Edited by ArmanOssiLoko Sunday, February 26, 2017 2:11 PM Checked BIOS
    Sunday, February 26, 2017 2:07 PM

All replies

• Is the host 2012 R2? What task are you performing when the error is generated? Is it when you start the guest? Is the guest connected to a vSwitch?

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Sunday, February 26, 2017 3:01 PM
  • The host OS is actually Windows 10. The error occurs while trying to create Windows Server 2012 R2 as a vm in Hyper-V.
    Sunday, February 26, 2017 3:18 PM
  • You might try deleting all vSwitches, recreate and try again. It may be the physical network adapter (wireless?) does not play well with hyper-v. Also for desktop hyper-v you might ask over here.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=win10itprovirt

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Sunday, February 26, 2017 3:24 PM
  • Hello!

I am actually unable to even open the Virtual Switch Manager so I can't create / delete vSwitches.

Sunday, February 26, 2017 3:56 PM
  • Might check the system event log for clues. I'd also confirm with the pc maker that desktop hyper-v role is supported.

Sunday, February 26, 2017 4:05 PM
  • Might check the system event log for clues. I'd also confirm with the pc maker that desktop hyper-v role is supported.

I did check and it definitely is supported.
    Sunday, February 26, 2017 4:36 PM
  • I did check and it definitely is supported.

I'd try them over here for issues with desktop hyper-v

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=win10itprovirt

Sunday, February 26, 2017 4:38 PM