Remove ISP from Hotmail RRS feed

• Question

• After adding ISP account to my Hotmail's login/Hotmail view, I removed it. However I am still getting my ISP.com mail in my Hotmail.com inbox. 

How do I stop this?

Sunday, January 10, 2010 2:19 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I understand that the ISP email account have been removed from the Hotmail. I would like to confirm if the ISP email account appears in Windows Live Mail? It seems that the ISP email account was not removed from the Hotmail completely.

At that point, I would like to recommend you contact Windows Live Hotmail Support them who are familar with the Hotmail issue from the following link for further assistance.

http://emailsupport.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!5D6F5A79A79B6708!4463.entry

Regards,

Arthur Li - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by TheGonzoIsIn Friday, January 15, 2010 10:46 PM
    Friday, January 15, 2010 4:37 AM

All replies

• What mail client are you using:  Windows Live Mail, Outlook, Thunderbird, something else?
    Or, are you using the webmail interface ('net browser)?
    [If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]
    Sunday, January 10, 2010 6:32 PM
  • I am using Windows Live Mail for ISP mail
    Sunday, January 10, 2010 6:49 PM
  • Hi,

I would like to confirm the following questions first:

What do you mean adding ISP email account to Windows Live Mail (WLM)? Do you mean adding an email account from the ISP to WLM or booking the emails to your hotmail account from the ISP?

If you mean the ISP email account, I would like to suggest you uninstall and reinstall Windows Live Mail to check the issue.

If you refer to the emails from your ISP, you may contact your ISP and stop them sending emails to your hotmail account any more.

Regards,

Arthur Li - MSFT
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 6:42 AM

• Thanks for reply, strange problem:

Originally, because of attempt to get rid of Live Phone, Messenger, I uninstalled Windows Live Mail and in my Hotmail account, I added Isp Pop to it, so I was getting mail addressed to me@Hotmail and me@Isp in Hotmail.

I reinstalled Live mail and then removed Me@Isp account from Hotmail.

Now in Hotmail I am getting mail addressed me@Hotmail AND to me@Isp even though it is not an account in Hotmail. 

Another way of saying it is if I send email from Hotmail to me@Isp, quit Hotmail, go into Live mail and I see it as new arrived mail. When I go back into Hotmail the same Sent item is in my Inbox but the only account assigned to Hotmail is me@hotmail.

Thursday, January 14, 2010 9:42 AM
  • Hi,

I understand that the ISP email account have been removed from the Hotmail. I would like to confirm if the ISP email account appears in Windows Live Mail? It seems that the ISP email account was not removed from the Hotmail completely.

At that point, I would like to recommend you contact Windows Live Hotmail Support them who are familar with the Hotmail issue from the following link for further assistance.

http://emailsupport.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!5D6F5A79A79B6708!4463.entry

Regards,

Arthur Li - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by TheGonzoIsIn Friday, January 15, 2010 10:46 PM
    Friday, January 15, 2010 4:37 AM
  • I put the question to forum as suggested.

I uninstalled Live mail then reinstalled Live mail & Messenger & added Hotmail to Live Mail
    along with ISP account and added ISP account to Hotmail. I then removed Hotmail from Live mail & removed ISP account from Hotmail and that fixed the problem.

With one caveat: now when right click Messenger in Task Bar and select Email Inbox it opens Live mail where always before it opened my Hotmail.

I close this & will add to other forum.

Thank You.

Friday, January 15, 2010 10:46 PM