the database entry for resource id is missing required information needed to start push installation RRS feed

• Question

• H,

am getting below error while installing client. Pls help

Description = "The database entry for Resource ID [16777219] is missing required information needed to start push installation.";
        ErrorCode = 1078462208;

Thanks in advance.

RK

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 8:17 AM

All replies

• This is an odd problem with SCCM. Navigate to All Systems and find the device there. Then try to install the client. It should work.

Gerry Hampson | Blog: www.gerryhampsoncm.blogspot.ie | LinkedIn: Gerry Hampson | Twitter: @gerryhampson

• Edited by Gerry HampsonMVP Wednesday, June 26, 2013 12:22 AM Edited blog address
    Tuesday, April 16, 2013 8:28 AM
  • Thx!! Garry but i can see only 4 active machines rest all are saying manual entry. None of the client machine updating. I am new to this setup and trying to resolve the issue as old sys admin has left. 

Thanksn

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 10:30 AM
  • No bother. You need to see if you can install SCCM client on your devices and analyse any problems. In All Systems, select some devices, and right click to install the client. Then open C:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\Logs\ccm.log file with Config Manager Trace Tool. This will give you all the details of the client installations and highlight any issues.

Why don't you post the results.

Gerry Hampson | Blog: www.gerryhampsoncm.blogspot.ie | LinkedIn: Gerry Hampson | Twitter: @gerryhampson

• Edited by Gerry HampsonMVP Wednesday, June 26, 2013 12:22 AM Edited blog address
    Tuesday, April 16, 2013 10:40 AM
  • Thx!! Garry I really appreciate your support.

Below is the error which am getting.

Attempting to connect to administrative share '\\172.22.0.212\admin$' using account 'KE\Administrator'~  $$<SMS_CLIENT_CONFIG_MANAGER><04-16-2013 02:53:54.283+420><thread=7976 (0x1F28)>

Seems issue is with admin rights.

Pls suggest what next i can do to eliminate the issue.

Thank you for your support.

RK

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 2:04 PM
  • That line of the log does not contain useful information. The subsquent lines should provide more useful details.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 2:31 PM