MDT 2013, wim, invalid RRS feed

• Question

• don't know where to start really, here goes

we have ben using sccm 2012 r2 but had no end of issues most of all the 02 error when trying to image just errors out randomly with no reason nothing in solawinds monitoring etc.

So I have decided to try MDT 2013 then push the sccm client out as a application....this is where ive started to run into issues MDT side, the images I have made in sccm wim files MDT doesn't like when I go to add them into WDS I get the following error "The file does not contain a valid install image"

I have made sure the location where the image are currently and the destination has sufficient right to allow adding images....I can confirm the images do work they have worked in sccm on deployment when this hasn't been giving me the run around bombing out.

so fellow IT people do you have any advise for me or is it something to do with the images set to sccm? 

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 8:00 PM

All replies

• So I have decided to try MDT 2013 then push the sccm client out as a application....this is where ive started to run into issues MDT side, the images I have made in sccm wim files MDT doesn't like when I go to add them into WDS I get the following error "The file does not contain a valid install image"

Are you referring to boot images or OS images? Why are you adding images to WDS?

Moreover, I think you'd be better served figuring out what is wrong in SCCM than standing up MDT to perform a function SCCM can do natively. Have you tried checking the logs on one of your failed deployments? (I'm not sure what an 02 error is.)

-Nick O.

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 9:01 PM
  • I was adding them to wds then importing them into mdt but even when I try to add them as a custom image in mdt it just copies them to the deployment share but still doesn't show up in mdt itself....

the 02 error is http://myitforum.com/myitforumwp/2011/10/27/sccm-client-install-error-codes/

2 The system cannot find the file specified"

the issue with this is sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't......as the pc fails as its imaging I cant get a log off it to see what the message was other than the displayed on when it bombs out, ive looked in the deployment node on sccm when doing this but doesn't show up as in progress until it get to applying the image.

I have made sure the right network account has access, but the fact that sometimes it does image shows that its not permissions.....just so frustrating hence why I wanted to go back to the simpler option of mdt

over to you guys :-)

Thursday, June 19, 2014 6:57 AM