"Load" and "Refresh" applications not available from APPV 4.5 Tray Icon RRS feed

• Question

•  
    "Load" and "Refresh" applications are not available from the APPV 4.5 Tray Icon for Citrix PS4 users with roaming profiles.
    This setting is available for Administrators without roaming profiles. The setting wasn't available default, but by creating the following registry settings I was able to get it working:

[HKEY_USERS\"SID"\Software\Microsoft\SoftGrid\4.5\Client\CustomSettings]
    "TrayVisibility"=dword:00000001
    "TrayShowRefresh"=dword:00000001
    "TrayShowLoad"=dword:00000001

However, when I try to set the same setting for users it doesn't work. I've made sure that no GPO's are applied to the server or the user. The user also has full control over that area in registry.

Suggestions?

We are running SG 4.1 Server with AppV 4.5 Clients. All servers are Win2003SP2 with Citrix PS4.

Thanks,
    Morten

Morten
    Tuesday, January 6, 2009 1:47 PM

Answers

All replies

• You're better off settings those options in this key instead: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SoftGrid\4.5\Client\CustomSettings, which will then affect all users.

You will also need to allow users to perform the refresh and load functions in this key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SoftGrid\4.5\Client\Permissions, see the LoadApp and RefreshServer values.

The best way to set all of these settings however is via the App-V 4.5 ADM file: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=121835; see this white paper on how to use it: http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/7/8/F784A197-73BE-48FF-83DA-4102C05A6D44/App-V_ADM_Template.docx
    Tuesday, January 6, 2009 3:45 PM
  • Thanks for the quick reply. I will look at this right away :)
    Morten
    Wednesday, January 7, 2009 8:30 AM
  • It worked like a charm. I looked at the HKLM key before, but never the permissions key. After setting the DWORD values to 1 for LoadApp and RefreshServer, refresh and load appeared right away. I will set the same values through the adm template.

Thanks Aaron for great help :)
    Morten
    Wednesday, January 7, 2009 8:52 AM
  • Great stuff. Don't forget to mark the thread as answered.
    Wednesday, January 7, 2009 10:23 AM