Win7-64 shortcut problems: access violations ntdll.dll with program that uses lua51, lua5.1 dll and my own dll from app folder. RRS feed

• Question

• While using shortcut I have this problems. Direct program call from C:\Program Files (x86)\<My app> works fine. "Start in" set properly in lnk properties (installation made with NSIS and works fine under Windows XP).

Another program from same folder works fine while called from folder or shortcut. Both programs using BDE.

Failed to run through shortcut program using lua51, lua5.1 dlls via dynamic linking and my own via static link and LoadLibrary/FreeLibrary. Delphi code:

LibHandle := LoadLibrary('StartStopMini_100.dll');
      if LibHandle = 0 then begin
        ShowMessage('error, StartStopMini_100 cant be init');
        close;
      end;

@ssDllAddStopRecord := GetProcAddress(LibHandle, 'Add_Stop_Record');
      @ssDllInit := GetProcAddress(LibHandle, 'Init');
      @ssDllSetDefs := GetProcAddress(LibHandle, 'SetDefs');
      @ssDllDeInit := GetProcAddress(LibHandle, 'DeInit');

also used SmallPort (smport.sys and smport.vxd, works fine since win2K to access pc-speaker port)

Have tried: "as administrator", "xp sp3 compatibility mode", dlls moved to Windows\System32. Same, program works if started from explorer. Not works through Start Menu link - "access violation at address 76F1676A in module ntdll.dll. Write of address 004E18B8".

Wednesday, September 1, 2010 9:56 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Since this is an issue which is related to Windows application developing with Delphi, it is recommended that you go to Delphi Support for further investigation:

Delphi Support:

Windows 7 Development Center

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Sabrina

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by s73 Monday, September 6, 2010 10:55 AM
    Friday, September 3, 2010 9:30 AM

All replies

• It was problem acessing to smallport http://www.delphipages.com/comp/smallport-2053.html drivers if started from shortcut under Win7-64.
    Thursday, September 2, 2010 12:02 PM
  • Hi,

Since this is an issue which is related to Windows application developing with Delphi, it is recommended that you go to Delphi Support for further investigation:

Delphi Support:

Windows 7 Development Center

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Sabrina

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by s73 Monday, September 6, 2010 10:55 AM
    Friday, September 3, 2010 9:30 AM
  • I marked as answer even if I don't think this is really answer. Just removed smallport from application and it works fine. However as for me problem somewhere in different enviroinment between direct application call from explorer and through shortcut since actual drivers made under msvc (smallport.sys and smallport.vxd). Maybe problem somewhere in 32-bit drivers, 64-bit windows and system folder path (where drivers was).
    Monday, September 6, 2010 11:06 AM