Repositioninig of windows RRS feed

• Question

• I have Win 7 Pro, and have discovered a really annoying feature.  I'm using it on a laptop, so I only have one display window.  If I want to look at several windows at the same time, I sometimes intentionally position windows partially off-screen.  However, when I move the cursor near the edge of the screen on top of the window or the taskbar pops up, the window is automatically repositioned to be fully on-screen.

This is not the same as Aero Snap.  I can't figure out how to turn this functionality off.  Does anyone else know?

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 11:07 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Did this issue occur before?

The issue seem like Aero Snap, when you move the windows on the top of screen it will show full screen.

I suggest to turn off Aero Peek for test. If the issue persists, you can try to create another user account and login to see if the same issue occurs.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Leo Huang

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, April 12, 2012 7:16 AM
  • Nice thought, but it didn't work.  It happens on all sides of the screen.  I tried having Aero Peek turned off and it still does the same thing.
    Thursday, April 12, 2012 9:41 PM
  • Hi,

Does this issue also occur with new user account?

Also you can try to login with Clean Boot for test.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Leo Huang

TechNet Community Support

Friday, April 13, 2012 2:16 AM
  • I don't think it's an issue, I think it's a Microsoft feature.  I checked with some other friends that have Win7 and they have the same feature.
    Friday, April 13, 2012 4:10 PM
  • I don't think it's an issue, I think it's a Microsoft feature.  I checked with some other friends that have Win7 and they have the same feature.

I don't know about that. I have never encountered this functionality, except in the case of Aero Snap.

• Is there any kind of visual reaction/indication that this is going to happen? Like with Aero Snap in the case of the outline appearing.
    • If you drag the window "slowly" and deliberately as if you were trying to avoid Aero Snap, does it still happen?

Regards,
    Mitch

Friday, April 13, 2012 5:06 PM
  • It's not something that happens when I drag the window.  It's something that happens when the window is already positioned partially off-screen.  When I mouse-over the window on the edge of the screen, it moves back onto the screen.  Sometimes it moves quickly and sometimes it slides gradually.  It is an animated thing, though.
    Friday, April 13, 2012 11:25 PM