none
Cant Seem to get a driver to load into my boot disk RRS feed

• Question

• Hey can someone help me to shine some light on a problem I am having.   We are having to use a USB to Ethernet adapter for our imaging process.  The problem is that it doesn't appear to be adding to the boot disk.  MDT reports that in is importing successfully but when I go and boot it cant connect,  I look at the lights on the USB adapter and no lights.  Here is the info on the adaptor:

StarTech.com

USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter

USB31000SPTB

Ideas?

Thursday, July 16, 2015 4:20 PM

All replies

• In a USB 3 port?  Do you have the driver for the USB 3 also?  If the parent has no driver then the child (where child is the StarTech USB to Gig adapter) won't either.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, July 16, 2015 5:56 PM
  • It shouldn't be a problem while in PE. I just have a few network and hdc (hard disk controller) drivers added to my PE profile that's used for the boot image. The USB to Ethernet adapter I use is USB 3.0 and I've used it in USB 2 and 3 ports w/o issue. If you're using a selection profile for PE, make sure it's assigned correctly and that you added the network driver to that folder.

DON'T FORGET, after you add the drivers you MUST update your deployment share and build a new boot image so that the drivers are included.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Thursday, July 16, 2015 6:13 PM