none
Server 2012 with RDP Role does not create new User profile

Question

• Hi,

i have Windows 2012 server 64 bit with RDP Role setup. It is part of a domain.

Existing user can login without any problem to 2012 Server.

IF i create a new user in Active Directory i get the following error message

The User Profile Service faile the sign-in

User profile cannot be loaded

I create 2-3 different users even with admin rights still no luck. Also i tried to a copying a working default user directory still no luck.

Can anyone help???

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 8:08 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It seems the user profile cannot be created on the Windows Server 2012.

Please check the permission on C:\Users\Default folder.

- 'Everyone' and 'Users' (Modify, Read & execute, List folder contents, Read)
    - 'SYSTEM' and 'Administrators' (Full Control, Modify, Read & execute, List folder contents, Read, Write)

If the issue persists, please try to copy the default user folder "c:\users\default" from another server that doesn't have the problem to the "c:\users\default folder" on the server having the issues.

Niki Han
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, September 13, 2013 8:00 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It seems the user profile cannot be created on the Windows Server 2012.

Please check the permission on C:\Users\Default folder.

- 'Everyone' and 'Users' (Modify, Read & execute, List folder contents, Read)
    - 'SYSTEM' and 'Administrators' (Full Control, Modify, Read & execute, List folder contents, Read, Write)

If the issue persists, please try to copy the default user folder "c:\users\default" from another server that doesn't have the problem to the "c:\users\default folder" on the server having the issues.

Niki Han
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, September 13, 2013 8:00 AM
  • Hai,

I have the same issue on Windows Server 2012R2 which is installed with Citrix and tried the above solution. Unfortunately not succeeded.

When ever users logon, using temp profile.

Could you please advice with more solutions?

Regards,

Abdul Majeed

Abdul Majeed N

Monday, January 25, 2016 7:01 AM