none
Windows 10 Lock Screen and Different Aspect Ratios

Question

• Hi, 

I was wondering how people have been going about creating their Windows 10 lock screen image for their organization. We have our logo in the top-left corner and contact info in the top-right, which worked fine on Windows 7 since we had to create a separate .jpg for each screen resolution, but on Windows 10 we have to point the lock screen to a single file. This becomes a problem for organizations that have monitors with different aspect ratios. We have 16:9, 16:10 and 4:3 monitors, so right now when I use our lock screen saved as a 1920x1200 .png, it looks great on a monitor with that resolution but cuts off the image on the other two aspect ratios. 

Is the solution to just redesign the lock screen image so any text is pushed towards the center so it won't get cut off on any of these aspect ratios or is there another solution out there? I wanted to see what others have been doing before we move forward.

Thank you.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 5:09 PM

All replies

• Hi VT,

This is Windows 10 new feature that is different from Window 7.

So the only way I can consider is re-design your image. Put all text into the center to make sure they are not cut off.

Another more complex method is put different aspect ratios computers into different group. and then create separate group policy that specify the customize lock screen image for different group.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 16, 2017 2:41 AM