SCOM WebMon Discovery Script Fails to Execute on Windows Server 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi SCOM Friends,

I am running SCOM 1801 and I am trying to get Authenticated (NTLM) Web Monitoring to work. I have been using the Web Application transaction monitoring but it is constantly failing to login (401 Error) and flipping the monitor back and forth. So I am trying to use the WebMon MP but the discovery script fails to run on my Windows Server 2016 x64 with IIS10. 

Does anyone know how I can fix this so it will run successfully? Is there a way in SCOM to execute as 64bit? Like from C:\Windows\SYSWOW64\cscript? 

Thanks

David

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Monitoring Agent\Agent\Health Service State\Monitoring Host Temporary Files 12\9562\WebMonDiscovery.vbs(30, 1) Microsoft VBScript runtime error: ActiveX component can't create object

Command executed: "C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe" /nologo "WebMonDiscovery.vbs" C:\Program Files (x86)\SCOM WebMon\webmonconfig.xml {47193829-9453-6FD1-909F-1F9EAD3681AE} {CF04D689-EFBD-01A6-1CF6-9033786730B8} ******.com
    Working Directory: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Monitoring Agent\Agent\Health Service State\Monitoring Host Temporary Files 12\9562\   

Monday, October 8, 2018 5:37 PM

All replies

• Hi David,

can you please post some more details: 

Is the error describtion comming from an alert? I don't see any status code here,  which might help troubleshootin this. 

Are there any events on the agent side (event viewer, OperationsManager event log)?
    What about on the Management Server the agents reports to?

Which version of the WebMon MP are you using? 

Appreciate the details and thanks in advance!

Regards,

(Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

Tuesday, October 9, 2018 8:09 AM