Windows 7 Boot up RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Friends,

I have installed a new windows 7 OS in my system. The system was working fine however suddenly a new problem has been encountered where the boot up takes lot of time and the monitor goes blank. After hitting Ctrl+Alt+Del for twice or thrice the login profile page displays. Even when I log in it takes a minimum of 10 minutes to load the desktop page.

Can anyone tell me what is the reason behind this?

Thanks
    Paramesh
    • Moved by Donte Newbill [MSFT] Friday, February 26, 2010 11:44 PM To increase the chances of receiving a correct resolution/answer. (From:Microsoft Online Services Customer Portal)
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 6:06 AM

Answers

• This issue can be caused by software confliction. You may boot in Clean Boot Mode to troubleshoot. The following article can be referred.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista.

The above article is also applied in Windows 7.

If the issue persists in Clean Boot Mode, I suggest you do System Restore to restore the system to a previous fine status.

Arthur Xie - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Monday, March 8, 2010 2:48 AM
    Monday, March 1, 2010 7:24 AM

All replies

• Hello Paramesh.n,

I apologize, but I will be moving this topic to a different thread to increase the chances of you receiving a correct answer as you may not find the best resolution here within this thread.

- Donte

Friday, February 26, 2010 11:43 PM
  • This issue can be caused by software confliction. You may boot in Clean Boot Mode to troubleshoot. The following article can be referred.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista.

The above article is also applied in Windows 7.

If the issue persists in Clean Boot Mode, I suggest you do System Restore to restore the system to a previous fine status.

Arthur Xie - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Monday, March 8, 2010 2:48 AM
    Monday, March 1, 2010 7:24 AM